AVIC411.com

My apologies if this has been resolved in another thread but in my defence, I did do a search and came up empty...

Here's the problem.

I have an f700bt with the Pioneer iPod cable. I use the iPod in my truck but take it out to use it at work. Going home, i plug the iPod back into the headunit and BAM - iPod doesn't show up. Sometimes, after turning the headunit off/on a couple of times it shows, other times resetting the iPod gets it going; most of the time i drive home from work listening to XM instead of my iPod. Regardless, invariably it does appear again but when it's going to is anyone's guess. When this occurs, I plug the iPod in, the iPod screen flashes to the Pioneer screen (indicating that the headunit picked it up) and then it goes back to the normal iPod menu, like it's not plugged in.

But wait.... there's more! :) Sometimes when i'm listening to it, it mysteriously disappears - playback stops and the iPod is no longer showing connected - in the middle of the song!

I've checked and rechecked the connection wires - nothing amiss there. Is there something I'm missing or is it just yet another iPod gremlin like the fact the sound cuts out on the left side at random intervals? (something I know is a known issue...) Anyone think that the 2.006 firmware might fix this? Anyone still reading this? :|

Cheers guys...

-Gunny

p.s. - in case anyone's interested, it's an 80GB Classic iPod...

Newer firmware won't fix it, especially 2.06. I would recommend loading the hacked one floating on this sight. That is up to you though. I had this same problem along with countless other on this site. I'm on my 3rd iPod cable ("Don't use the Pioneer one I had the worst success with it") that seems to be working now, see some of my previous post as to what cable I'm using. When I talked with Pioneer about this, I sent in my RCA harness like others have done and had it tested. They told me the harness was good and the problem was related to software on the unit.

Well after loading the hacked firmware I haven't noticed any connection issues on boot-up it is always there. I think this is related to how fast it boot-ups compared to 2.0. Try one of the two things I mentioned and see if that helps.