AVIC411.com

Here's my question...

so it will just default back to the beginning of the playlist or or that song or what?

hmm you know what i just thought of, a switch!

maybe a toggle switch between this blue wire would solve this problem, and give you the ability to not loose your functions. Heck, you could connect this with say a relay and have it all auto, no toggle switch needed. like remote ignition being the trigger, anyone know how long as in seconds or milliseconds is needed. LIke for example, if you wired the relay to say ignition and NOT acc which your radio would be wired too, and if you turned the car off to the acc position radio would still be on, then turned off to key position and took key out, what kind of time is needed for the ipod to "read" that the blue wire is connected back so as to remember where your at in the song

welp, heres what I have done and found.

installed ipod adapter with a switch on the blue wire. Avic is unable to control ipod at all, ipod continues to play after car is shut off, not sure if its constant or if the ipod times out cuz the deck is off, but this would kill the battery after a few hours, over night I am sure. also, connecting back the blue wire while avic is on does nothing in way of allowing controls to be back on the avic you must turn avic off and wait a few minutes, and possibly unplug connector to ipod and reconnect. Then when you turn avic back on control functions pop up. Soooooo

this means for use with video, those few times in my case, the ipod will get the switch flipped to disconnect the blue wire from the ipod unit.... and all other times it will be switched to allow the blue wire to stay connected. it just is not convenient to have to control the ipod from the ipod.

hope this helps someone, sorry if it has been covered already.