AVIC411.com

iPhone sound only right channel

Does anyone have a part number / website I can get this apple branded cable from?

I've looked on Apple's website and can't seem to find a cable with an ipod dock connection and usb on one end, with the 3 RCAs on the other.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Clutrz

Does anyone have a part number / website I can get this apple branded cable from?

I've looked on Apple's website and can't seem to find a cable with an ipod dock connection and usb on one end, with the 3 RCAs on the other.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Clutrz

It's not that hard, really it's not..just look on the ipod accessories, Cables page.. it's right there in the 2nd line.

You're looking for the Apple Composite AV cable

It's not "dock and USB on one end, RCA on the the other"

It's "dock connector, then USB and RCA out"

i had the same problem, (i have the pioneer cables) so i went ahead and removed the unit and noticed connection were disconnected so i re-connected the and put some electrical tape on them and has worked fine since. For some reason the connection is really really loose on mine, it doesnt take much to disconnect

I was having the right channel problem as well. Then I tried another Ipod as I really didn't think it was the cable. The problem was worse with the different Ipod. This still let led me to believe that it was a software issue.

I was starting to look at new head units already when I figured I'd take a look here and found this thread near the top interestingly enough. So, I figured what the heck...it's easy enough to replace the cable and the Apple Store has a 14 day return policy.

At this point, I hadn't been able to get the Ipod to connect for more than a minutes or so for over a week. I'd taken a few long car rides where I never got it to work at all...

Well, anyway....I hooked up the Apple cable and instant success. I think part of it is the way the cable attaches the the Ipod. With the Pioneer one, it moves. With the Apple one, it doesn't.

I then ordered a new Apple cable from ebay for a fraction of the price and will return the Apple one once I receive it.

Between this and the basically free MSN Direct this week, I'm quite happy with my F90 again.

Thanks again to this forum!

I took my car to bestbuy and had them inspect the cable. When i arrived i was already getting the left side audio. when he unscrewed my dash the right side sound came on. He then pulled out the radio and inspected the cables. Everything was nice clean and tight. Our only idea was that the cable was pinched or the unit was screwed in too hard.

In any case I been getting both sides of sound through repeated power-ons and unplugs.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an older thread, but, for giggles, I called Pioneer. The tech said, "I've heard of this problem 2x. It is not a regular thing. Pioneer does not have a service bulletin. It is $200 to fix your stereo."

Whatever. I'll try the apple cable...