AVIC411.com

Hacking in Version 3.0 - Problem Please Help

Hi all, I need some help and I am hoping I can Find it here.

First, I have an AVIC-F500bt. I am running the new version 3.0 that I got from Pioneer. I added the code for the Voice Guidance Mute Button. After copying the Data.zip back onto the unit, it starts up and shows the main menu and indefinately displays the "Please wait while the system starts" message. If I click one of the main menu buttons, it goes to the next screen but no further and still displays the "Please wait while the system starts" message. So I commented out the code I added and recopied the data.zip file and the same thing. Fortunately, I saved a copy of the original so I copied this one onto the unit and all is fine, minus my change of course. I am using notepad to edit. I unzip the file first and re zip it after. Does notepad ad hidden charachters or codes? What am I doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have alot of great ideas for changes. Is there a programmers reference manual available that will tell me the methods and functions available for me to use? I will upload them when I have completed them for all to enjoy.

Gary