AVIC411.com

Way wrong forum but need Gex-P10HD help...

I dont have an AVIC deck anymore but was hoping that people familiar with the GEX-P10HD module could help me out. This is my issue.

I have a Pioneer car stereo and I also have the GEX-P10HD HD Radio module installed. It worked fine until the other day when it all went wrong.

When I first start the car up, HD Radio will work as intended for maybe a minute, then itll crackle a little, then turn off and the deck will say Tuner Er.

The only assumption I can make is that the power to the unit is faulty but still somewhat connected... Maybe the wire is loose and the unit is still getting a little power so the little capacitors will build up enough charge over a few hours to run the unit for a minute or so before shutting off when I try to listen.

I tried googling and found nothing. Anybody have experience with these daisy chainable pioneer modules and how they work?

Check all grounding points to make sure you have proper ground. A voltmeter would help a lot in this scenario.

Check all wires for any cuts or shorts, that could be the issue as well.

Make sure no bare metal is touching anything else, unless it's a ground. Make sure no non-ground wire that is exposed is touching any grounding point either.

Also make sure your antennas are hooked up properly as well. I have the F90 with the XM and HD modules attached to it, no problems. If all of the above doesn't help, you may have a faulty unit and might want to get it RMA'd.

Hope this helps.