AVIC411.com

Anyone live or drive through South Central PA?

So i had to take a trip out to South Central PA today, and there must be something in the map data that the AVIC really didn't like. I was driving down Route 30 and the unit decided to reboot itself. It just went into and endless reboot cycle. I turned the car off to reset the radio and was able to get it to stop rebooting, but I couldn't get into the navi at all. If I would press the Menu button and select Destination or hit the Map button the unit would just freeze. This continued the whole time I was out there. I thought my unit was screwed so i planned on reloading the stock image back on when I got home, but on my way home the unit fixed itself. So it seems like there really is something in the map for that area (York/Hanover) that just bugs the unit out. Anyone else?

I have a similar issue. It might be just corruption on your map file. My unit started rebooting itself in roughly the same place a few months ago on the way to work, would always do it on the ben franklin bridge going into philadelphia and sometimes on a certain part of the highway leading up to there.

It has gotten worse over time, now about 90% of the time when I am setting up a route, the unit reboots either immediately before you hit "route here" or immediately after the route is set up. It then usually comes back up with the route in place but will occasionally reboot randomly after that.

I was able to find and reinstall (service mode, format and complete reinstall) windows CE, and then restore the backup I have of myflashdisk, but I took the backup in preparation of reformatting so the backup was taken after the rebooting issue started.

Looking for a clean myflashdisk backup, and I have an FTP site available to recieve and then host it. PM me if you can send me a copy of the flash disk on the F500BT (or another compatible unit)

The problem is that flash memory is relatively easily corrupted, and in my case the unit sometimes is shut off during boot up due to the way my car cuts ignition power while the starter is engaged which I have read can cause flashdisk corruption.

• 2 months later...