AVIC411.com

Whats everyone doing with there SD update cards?

So is the password not the same every time you put in the device & access # on the website? Seems like as long as you sold all three codes along with the sd card you would be ok......or am I missing something?

...lengths people will go to to steal 70 dollars... :roll:

One of the numbers used to generate the unique password is the unique serial # off of the AVIC itself. Even if you sell all 3, your password will not work on a different unit, unless somebody reverse-engineers the algorithm for password generation.

It's not stealing when you sell software you bought... as long as you don't also keep a copy and keep using it yourself.

That would be a violation of copyright.

When you make a software purchase, you aren't "buying" the software, you a buying a license to use the software. Sure, the physical media it came on may be yours to do with as you will, but the software on it is still the property of the copyright holder.

I'm not passing judgement on anybody or picking sides in the debate, that's just the way it is.

I'm not the type of person to steal anything. I don't see why it would be illegal to sell software that you bought. I guess I'm wrong though. In that case, I will use my SD cards to modify the data file. =) Or is that illegal too?

I believe technically Pioneer's license might have something against modifying the software, but they won't complain too much about it. Reselling update cards after installing the upgrade (which means that you keep a copy of the software) is a copyright violation/