AVIC411.com

I was attempting to update the firmware on the F500BT. Followed the instructions on Pioneer's website. Started the update process, and the unit looked like it was copying files just fine. All of a sudden, it turned off... I waited about 5 mintues or so, hoping it was gonna turn itself back on, but no luck. I turned it back on, and all I get now is the Pioneer startup screen, and then it flashes to a white screen, and powers off.

When I go to restart it, it does the same routine again... The Pioneer startup screen, flashes, and then turns off. Won't start flashing, and I've even tried getting into TestMode, as suggested in a different thread. No luck. Any suggestions?

I was attempting to update the firmware on the F500BT. Followed the instructions on Pioneer's website. Started the update process, and the unit looked like it was copying files just fine. All of a sudden, it turned off... I waited about 5 mintues or so, hoping it was gonna turn itself back on, but no luck. I turned it back on, and all I get now is the Pioneer startup screen, and then it flashes to a white screen, and powers off.

When I go to restart it, it does the same routine again... The Pioneer startup screen, flashes, and then turns off. Won't start flashing, and I've even tried getting into TestMode, as suggested in a different thread. No luck. Any suggestions?

This sounds terrible. Your only choice may be to call Pioneer and explain to them what happened, but before you do try hitting the reset button on the back after you turn it on. It probably won't get you any further along, but you never know.

Thank you for your service if you're part of an armed forces unit.

This sounds terrible. Your only choice may be to call Pioneer and explain to them what happened, but before you do try hitting the reset button on the back after you turn it on. It probably won't get you any further along, but you never know.

I've tried Reset too... No luck... Guess I'll give them a call...

It's my pleasure, btw. I'm in the Air Force, stationed in Hawaii. Didn't do to bad for my first assignment :lol:

I've tried Reset too... No luck... Guess I'll give them a call...

It's my pleasure, btw. I'm in the Air Force, stationed in Hawaii. Didn't do to bad for my first assignment :lol:

Thank you for your service.

Any chance you pulled the battery? Mine does all kinda weird crap. When I turn off the car, sometimes it will stay on and freeze like that. When i return I need to pull the battery, reinsert it and then it will power on normally. Mine turns off randomly when playing music videos, figure that one out :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...