AVIC411.com

Bypass Not Working

Ok my Avic is hardware bypassed and it worked great until i upgraded to 2.6 or 2.06 cant remember the exact number. I have since upgraded to 3.0 but still the same problem. It is still hardware bypassed and i have not touched the wiring since it was installed. I have also tried changing the parking break speed to 512 and still no luck.

Does anyone have any advice? Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure this will help or not...and I don't know the inner workings of iGo.

But I haven't seen the parking break setting that high before. Usually people do 255 though.

I assume that it was because that igo/avic h/w used an unsigned 8 bit representation to hold that number, which would give you between 0-255. but that was just a guess. I really have no idea - just a guess...

Just some thoughts - for kicks try setting the value to 255.

Thanks,

Ben

I will check the wiring this weekend for now i am going to try and change the value lower as suggested. Ill try 255 and 128. I noticed that i get the "improper connection warning every time i turn on the unit, but it dosent black out till 5-10 mph.

I'm not sure this will help or not...and I don't know the inner workings of iGo.

But I haven't seen the parking break setting that high before. Usually people do 255 though.

I assume that it was because that igo/avic h/w used an unsigned 8 bit representation to hold that number, which would give you between 0-255. but that was just a guess. I really have no idea - just a guess...

Thanks,

Ben

It doesn't use unsigned 8-bit value, though. Original setting being 16.0 suggests it's a float of sorts, and I do have it set to 256.0 with no issues. It does take higher values, too...

Thanks,

Ben

It doesn't use unsigned 8-bit value, though. Original setting being 16.0 suggests it's a float of sorts, and I do have it set to 256.0 with no issues. It does take higher values, too...

At first glance - that would imply it's a float to store it. Though often times you can parse that as an integer as well.

is 16.5 a valid value and that is when it pops up? I'm not arguing, just pointing out that it could be parsed as something other than how it's represented. than again, I defer to you (more of an expert on this system) when it comes to conflicts of what we say.

EDIT: I was simply trying to figure out why the software bypass would not work, regardless to the hardware bypass and that is the only suggestion I could think of.

I had the software bypass and got half way through the update process when I could not get the unlock code. At that point, the update had erased the old speed value (I had previously used 128.0) and I got the warning message. I installed the hardware bypass in the interim and finished the update last night. No problems. My hardware bypass is working fine. Could it be a loose wire as previously suggested?

At first glance - that would imply it's a float to store it. Though often times you can parse that as an integer as well.

is 16.5 a valid value and that is when it pops up? I'm not arguing, just pointing out that it could be parsed as something other than how it's represented. than again, I defer to you (more of an expert on this system) when it comes to conflicts of what we say.

EDIT: I was simply trying to figure out why the software bypass would not work, regardless to the hardware bypass and that is the only suggestion I could think of.

It could, of course, but the fact that people are using values higher than 255 suggests that it is not an unsigned byte, at least (unsigned byte would go only up to 128 anyway). In any case, messing with the Navi at over 255 Km/h probably isn't a good idea.

For the original poster, if it is giving the incorrect connection message at startup, it would seem that the mute wire isn't connected. System seems to throw this warning when the brake sensor wire is grounded and you are either driving over the speed set in pioneer.ini or the mute wire isn't grounded while moving.

It could, of course, but the fact that people are using values higher than 255 suggests that it is not an unsigned byte, at least (unsigned byte would go only up to 128 anyway). In any case, messing with the Navi at over 255 Km/h probably isn't a good idea.

I didn't mean to get this so off topic, but how do you figure an unsigned byte only goes to 128? I think you are thinking of a signed byte which would be between -127 and 127 since one bit is used for the signing and a unsigned byte going from 0-255.

You are definitely correct about the statement of if others have used something greater than that value - it can't be an unsigned byte though.

EDIT: yes I know that technically it's -128 through 127 for the signed byte before I get corrected for that - just was typing quickly...

I didn't mean to get this so off topic, but how do you figure an unsigned byte only goes to 128? I think you are thinking of a signed byte which would be between -127 and 127 since one bit is used for the signing and a unsigned byte going from 0-255.

You are definitely correct about the statement of if others have used something greater than that value - it can't be an unsigned byte though.

EDIT: yes I know that technically it's -128 through 127 for the signed byte before I get corrected for that - just was typing quickly...

Right, of course. I was thinking of the high bit value in there. Of course it can go 0-255...