AVIC411.com

F90BT (v3.0) no VR with iPhone Contacts only

the voice recognition for all music on my iPhone works great but my F90BT cannot understand a thing when I try to say a contacts name.

This worked fine with version 2.0.

Anybody now if this is a result of the new hacked pioneer 3.0 version or a result of the iPhone 3.01 update?

Please help!!!!!

If updating my F90BT from 3.0 to 3.01 fixes the problem, please explan the process on how to update. I have downloaded the 3.01 update from pioneer but it will not work. auto updates no longer work and if I overwrite the 3.0 files with the factory 3.01 files the unit boots up frozen.

maybe I need to load a hacked 3.01?

thanks for the help

I have had a few customers with the same problem and ultimately it is a problem with the formatting of your phone book on your iphone. I do not have one myself so I am not 100% sure how to fix it but try these suggestions:

Try organizing your contacts by First Name, Last Name

Make sure you do not have any symbols in ANY of your contacts. i.e. if you have a contact called "Bob & Jane" change that to "Bob and Jane"

Make sure that you do not have any duplicate entries in your phone book

Make sure that each contact has its own entry rather than having a contact called "Smith Family" and then "Mike Cell" and "Bob Cell" and "Jane Cell" underneath that.