AVIC411.com

HD Radio with regular radio?

Hello folks. I just installed the Premier 90BT into my C6 (Corvette). I also installed the HD adapter GEX P10HD). I was told by the installer, I could not have my regular radio stations (non HD) and the HD radio together. Is this true? I was under the impression I would be able to listen to standard radio and also could switch to HD in the menu. When I scan regular radio all I get is static. I appreciate any and all help.

-Shaun

Hello folks. I just installed the Premier 90BT into my C6 (Corvette). I also installed the HD adapter GEX P10HD). I was told by the installer, I could not have my regular radio stations (non HD) and the HD radio together. Is this true? I was under the impression I would be able to listen to standard radio and also could switch to HD in the menu. When I scan regular radio all I get is static. I appreciate any and all help.

-Shaun

To listen to both (and to be able to use MSN Direct if you want) installer should have used an antenna splitter (which is what... a 10 dollars part?)

If you can get the installer to pull it out, add the splitter, and put it back in for a price of the splitter itself, go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest finding an installer who knows what he is doing...

Having said that, HD module does receive analog broadcasts and does RDS as well, so there's no real reason to use built-in tuner. Depending on where you live, though, MSN Direct might be useful.

ya i have HD in my z06 and i get both hd and std radio from the hd tuner since i didn't run a splitter - prob will in winter so i can use msn. i just have to have presets saved within the hd section - the am/fm sources dont work since that connection isnt hooked up, but i get them thru the hd section

Having said that, HD module does receive analog broadcasts and does RDS as well, so there's no real reason to use built-in tuner. Depending on where you live, though, MSN Direct might be useful.

Let me see if I get this straight. The AVIC doesn't support RDS (my guess is Pioneer didn't want to pay a lisencing fee for the system), right? But the GEX HD module does? Does it actually work with the AVIC? Because I don't think I've seen any RDS information on my screen. Afterall, it can't even save the station name in the presets...

Have you seen RDS information via the HD module?

Let me see if I get this straight. The AVIC doesn't support RDS (my guess is Pioneer didn't want to pay a lisencing fee for the system), right? But the GEX HD module does? Does it actually work with the AVIC? Because I don't think I've seen any RDS information on my screen. Afterall, it can't even save the station name in the presets...

Have you seen RDS information via the HD module?

Pioneer does include RDS in European versions of F-Series, they probably just wanted to move HD boxes...

I definitely do see RDS info when tuned to an analog broadcast via the HD tuner. You do have to go to the Radio screen and look at it there (and hit the button that switches between different data streams, too)...

I definitely do see RDS info when tuned to an analog broadcast via the HD tuner. You do have to go to the Radio screen and look at it there (and hit the button that switches between different data streams, too)...

Cool, I'll have to try and pay more attention. But then again, knowing my situation, I don't think anyone by me broadcasts with RDS on anyways. Heck, there are barely any radio stations by me period. (let alone HD ones)

Cool, I'll have to try and pay more attention. But then again, knowing my situation, I don't think anyone by me broadcasts with RDS on anyways. Heck, there are barely any radio stations by me period. (let alone HD ones)

Have fun! One reason RDS is not apparent is that one the map screen it will only show band and frequency, not any of the available RDS info (in f/w 2.0 anyway)...

I have the HD module and an antennae splitter. My brother installed my F7010BT because he does this stuff for a living. When he first installed it he did not put the splitter but when I tested it I noticed no standard AM/FM so I had him put in the splitter. It is nice to have he splitter so that in ares where HD fades in and out you can switch to standard AM or Fm and not have the problem any more.

I sure wish the HD module displayed the damn present info though.