AVIC411.com

Making the D1 latest and greatest please help!

Ok after extensive searching and reading I think I have an understanding of it all but still kind of shaky so I need someone to solidify my knowledge.

From what I understand the main diff between D1 and D2 is the firmware that comes preinstalled on the D2 however for a fee ($250) or free for us internet savy people can be upgraded with the CNDV-60MP dics?

Now I downloaded East and West from torrents. Do I just pop it into the unit and it will install? After the firmware installs, I just pop in the DVD that has the maps for East or West Coast v 1.2?

What I dont get is what is the diffrence between the CNDV-60MP and the v1.2 dics? Is there any? Is one firmware and one is software?

Like I said I think I understand but want to be sure. Also by upgrading the firmware to D2 status will this violate the bypass to use the nav while car is in motion?

To answer the same questions yet again, when you upgrade to the newer software it does NOT affect the bypass in any way shape or form.

Yes the only difference between the d1 and d2 is the mapping software. 2005 info for the d1 and 2006 for the d2.

Once you burn the new map discs to dvd, just pop them in and the unit will take care of the rest.

Just like every other company, Pioneer updates their nav information every year. That includes the maps, more current POI info, more cities with lane information, more cities with detailed metro mapping, etc. All of this is included on the disks. If you want all the 2005 stuff, keep the CNDV50. If you want the 2006 stuff, use the CNDV60