AVIC411.com

Updated from hack to Official

For the back story on my failed install, see the thread in the general discussion forum about 3.0 bricked unit. After using the service menu to format and install wince from the official release, I used the files from the x910bt hack to update my f700bt to 3.0 I thought about manually transferring the files from SD#2 to the unit but first decided to see what would happen if I put in #2 card with the 3.0 hack update running. It started cycling through the sound files on the card. So. I decided to boot the system with the card in and after the pioneer splash screen, it went to the standard white update screen with one progress bar, it checked files, then started deleting stuff from My Flash Disk, then it started installing files from the SD card. It took my system to 3.02 and maps to 2.004. It never asked for any codes or passwords. It only took about 5 mins to transfer the files.

So, somehow the official update took my 3.0 hacked update to the official 3.02 update without any need for a device code, software code, or password.

I can confirm his post. I couldn't use the 1st SD Card. My guess is because I had already updated the WinCE on the device, and it was looking for the old version.

As for the Update, it worked just as he said. I just have to reapply my mods to the device and I'm good as gold.