AVIC411.com

New to Avic-f900bt

Hi guys, i'll be getting one within the next two weeks. I'm just waiting on the shipping from states to canada.

I'll have alot of question and reading to do. It really seems like a nice navi. I'll be reading the 192 pages manual today.

But i still have few q's i'd like to get answered

1) Hoes the boot time for a dvd, navi and sd card?

2) will it accept my 8go sd card? if i hook a cowon in usb, will it detect the track like an ipod?

3) Can you use the voice reconition for sd card/dvd music? how does the recognition works?

4) does it read avi files? if not, what' the best format? any computer software recommanded for converting?

5) How hard is the instal? Is it simply like a regular unit but with gps antenna and bt mic?

6) wil my bluetooth samsung phone (2year old) works on it? how hard to synth?

sry for my english btw, i'm speaking french. I'm from Quebec

I just got my F700BT in January, so I'm still a relative noob myself. I'll try to answer a few anyway...

1. All the F Series are running Win CE as an OS, so considering that, boot times aren't bad. About 10 seconds to FM radio (if that's what you had selected before turning the car off). For a fully functional unit, it takes about a minute or 2 at most. Some people complain about that, but it doesn't bother me in the least.

2. I'm using a 16GB SD card in mine now, so 8GB should be ok. Cowon???

3. USB/SD/CD/DVD has no voice recognition that I know of. IPod does. You can change the source through VR though. "Change source to SD" for example.

4. You'll have to search the forums for this, but I've read that users are playing AVI files and other formats.

5. I installed my own so not too bad. Make sure you buy the correct wiring harness for your vehicle. Search the forums for the parking brake bypass hardware mod if that's what you want to do. There's a software mod too, but I didn't do either to mine. Those just let you access the navi settings while you're moving, but I have no problem pulling over and setting the parking brake. There's enough people on the road that don't pay attention to where they're going.

6. Different users are having different luck depending on the phone. Search the forums...

7. The EQ has tons of settings. You can play with that for hours if you want.

Make sure you upgrade to the current version after you get it installed. It took my HU from good to great!!!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

The only thing is, I don't know if that's available for you Canucks yet???

Hope that helps a little...

You'll have to excuse BorisM... If I was him, I'd be tired of answering these same questions over and over again too. Boris is a well respected member of this community.

I'm almost done with the manual... that's a freaking long read. I'll take some time to check the thread over here. I just don't like not being able to use something to its full potential. I want to know everything on it so everything will go for the best once it get here

Most of the question i asked aren't in the manuel. Manual also keep me wondered on few thing... again :o

Pink wire to speed sensor : i'm not quite sure it will be easy to find. Does the gps works well if it's not connected?

light green wire to e-brake: if the unit is bypassed, from the software... will i need to connect this? i guess not, hence the use of the bypass

yeah, i'm at page 124, still reading :lol:

I'm almost done with the manual... that's a freaking long read. I'll take some time to check the thread over here. I just don't like not being able to use something to its full potential. I want to know everything on it so everything will go for the best once it get here

Most of the question i asked aren't in the manuel. Manual also keep me wondered on few thing... again :o

Pink wire to speed sensor : i'm not quite sure it will be easy to find. Does the gps works well if it's not connected?

light green wire to e-brake: if the unit is bypassed, from the software... will i need to connect this? i guess not, hence the use of the bypass

yeah, i'm at page 124, still reading :lol:

VSS isn't necessary, but helps if you drive through tunnels where you lose GPS signal. If you do a software bypass, you still need to connect the e-brake wire. Instead of connecting it to the brake, though, just ground it to the car somewhere.

ok i finished reading :mrgreen: it was more a book than a manual

Still a little confused with small detail

1)Avi support: from what i understand, it works on sd/usb but not with the drive? what about divx? same thing?

so i won't be able to make dvd full of videoclips?

2)reset button: Will it reset the bypass and the 2.0 version? i guess not? worth it to go 3.0 before using?

3) Sub output cannot be "full range". The manual seems to say so. Is there any way to have the subwoofer output level in shortcut somewhere.

4)Staging option from avic-d3 gone?

edit: also, if i connect something in usb (cowon pmp player), will i be able to browse folder like with the an ipod (just without the interface and voice recognition) ?

thanks for all the answer already, i'm learning quick when interrested