AVIC411.com

After the update 3D and 2D maps appear to have been switched

I searched the forums to see if this question has already been asked and I couldnt find any. So pardon me if am asking a question which was answered already and I missed it.

I did the upgrade of my F900BT with the 3.0 upgrade posted in the Hacks/Mods forum and it went smoothly - thanks to the very detailed instructions posted. However, I noticed some strange occurances on my device. It looks like the 3D and 2D maps have been switched. What I mean is that when I push the 3D icon for the map display, I get the 2D display and vice versa. Also, if am not navigating - meaning, I havent specified any destination - then the road names on the 3D screen dont appear. However, if am navigating, these labels do appear.

Since, no one has encounted such an issue before, I think it must be something specific to my device. Could there be any setting that I need to change to fix this?

Thanks in advance...

• 2 months later...

Both issues has been discussed here ad nauseum.

If a button says "3D" it does not mean that your current display is 3D, only that pressing the button will switch you into 3D mode.

Road labels disappear if the scale is over few hundred feet. There are multiple proposed fixes specified in the forum.