AVIC411.com

Making the Subwoofer output full range

I haven't received my unit yet, but the fact that I have no choice but to use a lpf on the subwoofer output is kinda problematic for me.

I was wondering if there's any way to hack/mod the unit so the subwoofer rca output would be full range (no filter at all). I need a full range signal to make my epic-160 works on my substage... and i can't really live without it

beside that, how many "touch/click" do i need to do to get to the subwoofer output level from the music menu? any way to create a shortcut for it?

thanks guys

The F90bt is not a true audiopohile radio. The software controls are good but minimalistic. Would you be able to run the epic off of a pair of full range outs from your amplifiers? My amps came with a pair of them. Or maybe you could cut the sub out on the Avic higher than the freq that you need for the epic. I believe you can cut it out as high as 125hz. I've had a bunch of Pioneer's more audiophilist(?!) radios (9800bt and the like) but I've learned that I didn't need the soundfield controls that I had. Especially now that I watch kid's movies mostly anyway... I can check the freq range if you like, or I'm sure the online manual is around here somewhere.

If your wanting more than 4 Pre-Outs read my section i nthe Audio Section about BOSE and adding more preouts, and at a better Voltage! just spend the 20 Bucks. its alot easier i nthe long run.

interrested.. you got a link?

the epic-160 need a full range signal cause it use the signal up to 2khz to "create" the fondamental.

so far, i think i'll just use the rear rca for the epic-160 intake. LPF will be used on the amp.

The front rca will lead to me eq, which already boost the rca voltage up to 7v. there's also a fader and more rca ouput there...

i just won't be able to control the subwoofer output level like if i had used the sub out... a remote gain will fix that.

Glove box will be more like an electical box :roll: