AVIC411.com

f500bt wiring how to DIY

Just bought a F500BT and would like to install myself in 2007 VW GTI. I would like someone help me(or suggest some thread)how to connect the wires? 1. where to find the parking brake wire? I understand this is necessary to enable the setup. But since I can run the setup of the unit by detaching the unit from the car, so can I leave this wire unconnected? 2. Where to find the reverse signal in put wire? 3. There is a amp wire, is this a mute line? my car has stock radio, does not have amplifier, do I hook this to any speaker? 4. The battery line go to car battery 12v positive? 5. Since the battery line is hardwired, , so I can leave the DC power terminal plug line unplug? 6. The is an audio output male plug, this goes to the radio audio output? 7. I plan to place the unit on top of the driver windshield with the suction cup, how to open the top panel to hide the wires?

Figure it out myself, so put it out to share.

1. The brake line go to the ground or the frame of the car. Even you can run the setup by detaching the unit, it is still necessary to connect the brake line to the ground to form a complete electrical circuit. 2. The reverse signal wire goes to the the wire of the backup light which lights up when you put in the reserve gear, the f500bt comes with a 5 meter long wire for that purpose. That is for camera installation, if not, leave it alone. 3. The amp wire goes to the Pioneer ND-G500. it will mute the radio when there is incoming phone call as well as the GPS is voicing. When you hardwired the f500bt, it really means you need to go with Pioneer ND-G500(Amazone, $20, new including shipping). If you do not need the mute function, then you can leave it alone, 4. The battery line goes to constant 12V positive, it comes with fuse, it is for north America model only. 5. The DC power terminal line with a female plug goes to cigarette power 5V transformer which comes with the kit. 6. Audio output male plug is just for audio output, otherwise, let it out. 7. Not a good idea to use the suction cup to hold the unit unless you have the base touch the dash board, it will fallout when you drive. So I just place the unit just in front of the shift stick. It really need to be creative to stable the unit and still keeping the cosmetic neatness of the car interior. Poor GPS reception can happen when you put the unit too down in the car, using antenna comes with f500bt will overcome that.

I put the unit in the area in front of the shift stick, but it turn out to be a bad idea. When play with it while you are driving, one needs to move your straight forward eye sight downward, that is hazardous. So it needs to be moved up. So I did this.

1. Use a 2.5x3.5 inches hard wood floor piece(red hard wood), put 4 small screws approximated the four holes of the f500bt holder. 2. On the back of the wood , secured a rigid metal strip(I used copper), the two free ends of the metal strip were band like so it snap the edge of center vend of the console. snap the wood piece front the unit holder, then snap the back of the wood to the two edge of the center vend. 3. Put the Unit into the holder, the GPS reception is good that no need to use a external antenna. 4. I am told the portable GPS is a traction for crime, so I would removed the unit from the holder and put it into the glove box after parking in the public area.

post-35997-12872758828009_thumb.jpg

post-35997-12872758829834_thumb.jpg

post-35997-12872758831712_thumb.jpg

post-35997-12872758865759_thumb.jpg

post-35997-12872758869565_thumb.jpg

post-35997-12872758871332_thumb.jpg

well thats the thing, if i can get away with out then i dont see the need for it..iv heard mixed reviews on it..i made the mount and everything on that side of the installation in taken care of.i was looking at the wires and it was like trying to dancw with 2 left feet..

To avoid the amp you must have some kind of input on your current setup and you will be able to enjoy gps audio from your speakers, but obviously the muting option and interaction can only happen with the Avic sources like music from sd/usb bluetooth phone etc. Do you have an input option, or the model of your headunit?

i used to have an aftermarket h.u but took it out, the stock h.u doesnt have aux input so its of no use..i have the unit mock mounted in the double din now, i no i wont have radio and thats fine, i have plenty music stored on my pc for the sd, ipod outlets.so my question is, is there a harness that can be used for more of a plug and play set up?looking at the wires, i dnt see anything that connect the unit itself to the stock speakers, unless thats what the aux input is for..thanks for your help so far!

You will need the ND-G500 to amplify the line level sound from the F500. Without an input into your factory HU, there is no way to amplify the sound to your speakers. With the ND-G500, the included harness uses ISO connectors. You can simply buy a vehicle specific Parrot harness (I use the QuickConnect version - you can find it at their website or several others) and it is essentially plug and play from there. The plugs that would go into the HU would just stay unconnected.

that deffinetly helps..thanks,but i wont be using my factory hu at all..i am using the f500 as my source for nav,and music..so would your suggested method still work?

As said in the earlier post, if you don't use a HU, you must add an amplifier. The output of the F500 is only designed for headphones, it is not powerful enough to be able to hear it from speakers. Follow the advice of esul60 and get the ND-G500 and if your car speakers cables are not ISO, you can buy the car-specific adapter cable harness.