AVIC411.com

HOWTO: Adding Explorer to "Destinations" menu

Using 7-Zip archive explorer, open "DATA.ZIP\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\start_800_480.ui" in your editor. The layer to edit will depend upon which model you have (EW, AU, RE, or the UC model with MSN Direct). Ideally, you'll want to make the same changes to all 4 layers with the name "ui_AdvMenu*", just in case you didn't guess your model code right. I have an EC unit, so I edited the "ui_AdvMenuMsnd" layer.

Now we're going to want to edit the X positions for the first row of buttons (Address, POI and Favorites) to shift them to the left to make room for the new icon. I set the Address to "45", POI to "238" and Favorites to "432" to line them up with the icons below them. Next is to move the text for each button to the left as well. I set Address to "25", POI to "220" and Favorites to "412". Now we have room for our new button on the first row. I added the 2 lines below immediately after the ones for the "Delete Route" button:

Now save the file and quit the editor. Let 7-Zip update the copy in the archive.

Notes:

• [*:2nnuyzl3]I re-used the icon for the News icon from the MSN Direct screen for this (746_32K_MN-836_32b.bmp#3), someone with superior Photoshop or GIMP-fu is welcome to prep a better solution.
    [*:2nnuyzl3]I re-used the script "sc_btnASM_LaunchFileMan" from my other post (
Launching .exe from iGo script). This way you can launch Explorer or Total Commander, per your preference. Explorer will always work, so I prefer that for my hack (and I sometimes need the Soft Input Panel from the Taskbar for other hacks anyway). Just make sure the Taskbar is set to auto-hide so it doesn't interfere with footer buttons on the MainMenu/AV/Settings screens.
[*:2nnuyzl3]In case the other post gets deleted, the process I used to add a "File Manager" launch script in the official F90BT 3.0 (iGo 8.3) DATA.zip:

• [*:2nnuyzl3]Using 7Zip, I opened DATA.ZIP (Right click, select "7-Zip"->"Open Archive" from the context menu)
    [*:2nnuyzl3]In the 7-Zip file manager, navigate to the ui_pioneer\common\ui folder. Highlight "advmenu.ui" and hit F4 on your keyboard to edit the file with your configured editor. I used vim so it would let me forcibly overwrite the file.
    [*:2nnuyzl3]At the bottom of the file, I added the following lines:
;!!!fourg adding FileMan launch script, replace the command below with your favorite

[*:2nnuyzl3]Force-save the file (in vim, this is :w!) so 7-zip will detect the file has been updated.
[*:2nnuyzl3]Quit the editor
[*:2nnuyzl3]7-Zip will prompt you that "File 'advmenu.ui' was modified. Do you want to update it in the archive?". Click OK to update the .zip file's copy with your changes.

Boot into test mode and copy DATA.zip over to "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" after making a backup of the original DATA.zip (I usually rename it to DATA_orig.zip or something similar).

A big thank you to fourg and miotoo. for thei contribution.

fourg, I followed your instructions and I was able to add "Explorer" to "DESTINATIONS" menu. I can lauch explorer or opera from there. You have asked for a button. Here it is my contribution to your effort. I called my button 746_32K_MN-900_32b. Hope you like it.

Can you tell me why I need to put the "15" in front of the "START APPLICATION..."?

Once again thank you for both of you for sharing this with us. I have an F-500BT.

Enjoy the button!

Can you tell me why I need to put the "15" in front of the "START APPLICATION..."?

I'm starting to think the number is a delay before executing the command and may be unnecessary, it came from the speedcam delete command in the skin i first discovered the START APPLICATION command in. Feel free to remove it and share the results.

• 2 weeks later...