AVIC411.com

F900BT Warranty Question

Okay, So I went to Pioneer's site to see about a contact number to setup a warranty replacement. They don't have any numbers.

If I just send the unit back with a copy of the receipt (2 months old) what will happen if it was bought from a place like Abes of Maine?

This unit has an aftermarket warranty but it states that it is in effect after the manufacturers warranty.

Thanks,

Ed

i dont know what abe's of maine is, but you better hope that they are a authorized retailer, otherwise you might have to pay for repair

BTW, most of, if not all, authorized retailers(brick and mortar stores, not online only) will handle pioneers warrenty work(if you bought it from them)

If your unit is within exchange date from vendor send it back. If not. Send it to Pioneer.

I just sent my unit back to Pioneer to repair MSN-Direct activation. I bought my F900BT on the internet a (REFURB)

Just ship to to their support divion with a copy of your receipt and they will repair your unit if it is in warranty time frame. Use UPS and track your shipment INSURE your unit. It takes 5-7 days after they recivce the for the repair.

In the US

Pioneer Electronics

Servive and Support Divion

1925 E DOMINGUEZ STREET

Long Beach CA. 90810-1089

Jeff R.

Thanks everybody.

Jeff, so even if it was bought from a "non-authorized" reseller, they will do the repair? There appears to be alot of folks saying they won't warranty it unless it is purchased from an authorized dealer like Car-Toys or so on.

It is outside the return window from the point of purchase.

It is only a little over 2 months old though.

Thanks.

A good start is to register your device online on purchase. Pioneer warranty is global, and the valid coverage depends on the region origin and whether its new or refurbished.

The proof of purchase is needed for making sure its a legit unit, and to know the official start date of the warranty. It does not need to be purchased from an authorized reseller but the warranty work will be charged internally to the appropriate region service center.

The original region warranty cover is applicable, as they differ from region to region, for example, for US new products its 1 year but some European countries its 2 years. If its a refurbished unit, its 90 days.

As mentioned earlier, unfortunately some locations might think you are not entitled for coverage, which is probably based on employee assumptions, lack of interest to deliver good service, or the mere fact that it might be the non-standard procedure for them. They will need to file an internal request and wait for the cost to be paid by another region. Hence the tendency to reject service and avoid the hassle. It does not however reflect your rights.