AVIC411.com

Z2 Won't Start-Up & Buttons Don't Work

I've owned my Z2 for close to two years with no issue, then the other day, it decided to stop working.

When I turn on my car:

• The unit will power-on (the buttons will light up as well as the screen's backlight), but the screen will stay blank. It won't even get to the splash screen.

The only button that will do anything is the Reset button, but that will just lead to a blank screen again. The tilt button doesn't work at all, so I can't get access to harddrive

No sound or static coming though the speakers

When I start or reset the Z2, I can hear the harddrive spin up then spin back down and then silence

With the help of the search function, this leads me to believe that my harddrive is officially dead. However, I'm not sure if there is an issue with the Ribbon Cable either (since only the Reset Button works).

Also, since I can't tilt the screen down, how do I get to the harddrive? I heard something about peeling a sticker from the bottom of the unit and manually turning a gear with a screwdriver. Is this right?

Can anyone confirm my harddrive failure and Ribbon Cable problem?

• 3 years later...