AVIC411.com

d3 in gmc denali- no sound

bought a d3, bought all the adapters and harnesses that it said i needed did the install and i have no sound. i have searched this site read all the no sound posts, tried everything everyone else tried and still no sound. did some looking on gmc forum, someone said i had to access the speaker wires from a different harness below where the radio is located to bypass the bose amp. is this my only option? can i not tap into and use the bose amp? i was also confused cause with the harness i purchased it said i should of used R.C.A's but there where no R.C.A's on my factory unit. so i cut the ends off and ran them like normal. can anyone help me? if this has already been covered please give me the link to the thread. thanks in advance.

also is it possible i was given the wrong interface kit? i thought the reason for the kit was to keep my door chimes and on-star and things like that. how ever not i have two door chimes the factory one and the one on the integration harness. kit i was given is made by scosche and part number is gmlan2sr

It would help by telling us what interface you used. Should have been a gmos-04 from metra or similar. Denali and Cadillacs have a digital amp turn on, versus a standard Yukon. You do not cut the rca's off and run speaker level into it, the factory deck not having preout rca's has nothing to do with it.

Get the proper interface, and follow the directions.

It would help by telling us what interface you used. Should have been a gmos-04 from metra or similar. Denali and Cadillacs have a digital amp turn on, versus a standard Yukon. You do not cut the rca's off and run speaker level into it, the factory deck not having preout rca's has nothing to do with it.

Get the proper interface, and follow the directions.

FWIW, he DID say what interface he used...

kit i was given is made by scosche and part number is gmlan2sr