AVIC411.com

New to forums, need input on this install.

Hello everyone, ive been reading this forum for the past 2 weeks researching the Z110 and bit the bullet.

Im preping everything for the install. I have a 2008 Hyundai sonata Limited. it has the factory amp and sub woofer option.

now before i install this i was reading on this thread viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26794 on page 2 about ohm's now i have no idea what an ohm is but i got the factory specs for my car and what the speakers are receiving.

all my info on my care is from http://www.hmaservice.com its free and has all FSM info.

this is a copy from the other thread:

"The bose speakers are known to have a 1 or 2 ohm impedance .... your pioneer is designed for 4ohms or higher.

Your speaks run individually off of the stock amp - the stock amp has built in cross-overs unless your tweeters run in parallel off your door speakers, but probably not. So you would need to add some crossovers (same ones they use for components) to run your stock bose speakers but your impedance is still too low for the mid / woofer."

the harness adaptor i have is like any other system, 4 sets of speaker wire for FR FL RR RL. i assume the subwoofer does the conversion for the subwoofer and the tweaters. FYI its a factory JBL amp.

even though my new deck is 4 ohm, will the amp be able to convert it back to what i need, or do i need another adaptor?

NOW this is hyundai's info on my factory system.

factoryspec.jpg

Need some input. next week is when i install the head unit, XM box, and backup camera!

Ok, here is the situation I believe. I have a 2010 Camry with a similar setup (not as good tho as I didn't have a sub). I connected a Kenwood 814 dvd unit and it sounded like butt! I was also running an aftermarket amp however. I think if you are planning on using the factory amp to power everything still you will need a special harness. I know the Camry has a similar JBL system option and there is a special harness made to give the factory amp a signal and keep using it. Be careful as there are at least two different wire harnesses. I will say that if you are planning on running aftermarket speakers and amps to make damned sure you wire DIRECTLY from the aftermarket amp to your speakers. DO NOT use the factory wires behind the deck like everyone used to (and most shops still do). I am still in the process of getting my system to sound to its capacity as I have to rewire the backs now. Hope this helps you out in some way.

I just finished installing the unit, everything works the way it should but the only issue i have is a hissing sound comming from the speakers. being the fact that the ohm input is different im blaming that... is there a way i can put a filter or somthing on the lines going to the amp to convert it back down to 2 ohms?

loving the 110!

Are you using the factory amp? If you are then you don't have to worry about the impedence, the amplifier is taking the load, all you are doing is feeding the amp which should have a 4ohm impedence. The issue you may be having is overloading the factory amplifier because the Pioneer unit probably puts out more power than the factory head unit.

If the entire system runs off factory amplification you should be using the pre-outs of the Z110 to feed your system and not the speaker leads. I have a 1999 Mustang with the "Mach 460" sound system the is all amplified externally and the harness I bought for the car used all 3 sets of pre-outs to connect my head unit (which has no amp in it at all) and it worked very well.