AVIC411.com

Z110Bt compatible with DEQ-P8000?

Anyone know if 1. This 5.1 surround processor is still being sold by Pioneer? and 2. can it be used with the Z110BT? I am thinking it can be used with the AXM-P8000 control unit for this device. It would be an expensive venture or at least it appears so. I am just curious if anyone has done this or knows for sure if it will work. I was also wondering if anyone has used an HDRadio tuner with the Z110BT. I'm wondering if you can get the RDS functions that way? ie. song name and artist mainly. In Canada we do not have HD radio stations so I would only be getting it to get the RDS features for our local stations. Also, I have heard by adding an hdradio tuner you lose alot of your ability to draw in stations over what the regular tuner in the Z110BT would do. Thanks for any replies and I hope this makes sense.

It would likely work just like it did with the previous Z series. The processor can't be controlled from the deck so you have to buy the seperate little display to do all the adjustments and volume control. It was stupid, didn't know anyone that was happy with that setup and the Z1/2/3

Can't believe either that the flagship model as no 5.1 surround sound.Just a convert to stereo and no way to connect an external processor to have dolby digital and dts.

In my avh-7500 dvd that I plan to change to a z110 bt, it included in; as well as the tv tuner.I always listen to dts if the dvd as it.

Since I import a lot of dvd from europe and asia(all zone) dts is quite common and I actually have 2 dvds from Japan that only have dts(quite rare) so no way to lisen to them in the car anymore!

I don't understand manifacturer sometime.If I was to make a flagship model I would included EVERTHING that the competitors have and more!

That means surround processor(Dolby Digital and DTS) ,ir ,remote, RDS,vehicule dynamic processor, digital tv tuner etc. all mising form the z110bt.

Yes it would cost more but that is what a top of the line model sould have.

If People find it too expensive they should buy a cheaper model , as simple as that.

Now that is a unit I would love in my dash. I'm with ya, why can't they build a dvd nav system like that? I mean there isn't a manufacturer out there that has a unit with all those things. Actually, I don't think there is even a unit out there that will allow all of those things with add-ons even. Some of those things I could live without but there are alot of things here that I would like. This is probably why I am only looking at the the 9140 and the Z110BT. I just wish Kenwood would build their sub-preouts more like Pioneer does. I mean one should not have to use their Dolby settings to get anything out of their sub. I am thinking it might be something simple like just adding a loudness feature on the Kenwood. I also wish Kenwood's ipod interface was a little smoother like the Pioneer. Those are my reasonings for the Z110BT. 5.1, DSP functions, 13 band eq and DTA are my reasonings for the 9140. Combine these and you'd have darned close to the perfect dvd-nav system.

In Canada we do not have HD radio stations so I would only be getting it to get the RDS features for our local stations.

Getting an HD tuner will not help you, RDS is built in to the Z110BT, it works on mine in Edmonton, all the FM stations I listen to show me the station name, and the ones that broadcast it also show me the song name and artist on the screen. I just wish it would show more than 8 characters or so at a time, it's a HUGE screen, it all should be visible at once, not scrolling. I suppose it has something to do with the format it is sent in but there should be a way for the software engineers to make it work.

I just came from my car stereo installer after looking closely at the 9140 and Z110BT and I will say that the Z110BT DID NOT have RDS at all. All it would give is the station ID tag and that's it. There is no RDS functionality at all. You can not do anything that you can with the FM tuner in the Kenwood. In the Kenwood, it gives artist, song name and any other info on separate lines. You can do searches by station genre type and it will even do traffic reporting via TMC. Those are RDS functions. Maybe Pioneer released two versions of the same deck? Some people say they are getting RDS info (very very limited at that tho) while others say they get nothing but what I saw today - station name. I will be doing a full comparison of these two decks later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will go over what I liked and disliked about the two units. Funny thing is the installer had the same beefs with both decks. He taught me a few things and I actually pointed out a few things on both units he didn't know about. I will go over these things too as maybe a few people out there will learn something too about either deck.

I just came from my car stereo installer after looking closely at the 9140 and Z110BT and I will say that the Z110BT DID NOT have RDS at all. All it would give is the station ID tag and that's it. There is no RDS functionality at all. You can not do anything that you can with the FM tuner in the Kenwood. In the Kenwood, it gives artist, song name and any other info on separate lines. You can do searches by station genre type and it will even do traffic reporting via TMC. Those are RDS functions. Maybe Pioneer released two versions of the same deck? Some people say they are getting RDS info (very very limited at that tho) while others say they get nothing but what I saw today - station name. I will be doing a full comparison of these two decks later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will go over what I liked and disliked about the two units. Funny thing is the installer had the same beefs with both decks. He taught me a few things and I actually pointed out a few things on both units he didn't know about. I will go over these things too as maybe a few people out there will learn something too about either deck.

Station id IS RDS functionality.... However, perhaps it doesn't give the other options, which would be strange. The European version does have all those...

However, what a station can display via RDS is not a given. It depends on what RDS services a certain radio station actually transmits...

Edit: looking at this thread:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27077

the Z110 would seem to support RDS....

Yes, the European version of this unit is a full RDS tuner version. I have looked at the manual from the Euro Pioneer site. It is substantially different than the Z110BT in this regard. Some people have said their's has RDS info but they all say that it is kind of crappy as it only produces 8 characters at a time on only one line. There are no other RDS functions like the Kenwood's have. It is also not the matter of the station not broadcasting RDS info either. I have an 814 (9140 with no nav basically) and I know which stations broadcast and what they broadcast. My Kenwood gives me all this info and the Pioneer gave nothing but station name on the Z that I was looking at. Now, I find this a little fishy as someone from Edmonton ( just up the road from me) said his gives song title and artist in that crappy one line format. Are there two versions of this thing on the market in Canada?... If the Canadian version was the same as the Euro version RDS wise I might consider this unit a little more. I know people say it is a small thing but if you like listening to radio (as I do) then it can be a fairly large thing. Also, TMC (Traffic Message Channel - part of all RDS tuners) is supposedly in the works in Canada and already available in alot of US city markets. This would give info on traffic disruptions as they happen. I know the MSN Direct can do this but it is also still in the works in alot of Canadian markets and it costs money to use too - not to mention that I would have to buy this tuner and mind a place to install it in my car as well.

I just came from my car stereo installer after looking closely at the 9140 and Z110BT and I will say that the Z110BT DID NOT have RDS at all.

It's not the best but is IS RDS, I just took a look at the European model manual and the RDS is much more advanced, probably because they don't have satellite radio available in Europe.

When I first hooked up my Z110 the antenna lead in my car was too short to plug into the back of the unit, I got it close enough to get reception to hear the radio stations but the RDS information didn't come through, when it wasn't hooked up the signal strength was only 1 bar (see satellite icon) now it is full bars. I should be in Calgary in the next few weeks and will update as to whether or not I get RDS info there.

I did just read this about the HD radio tuner though...

% Touch [Disp].

Touch [Disp] repeatedly to switch between the

following settings:

Channel name — Artist name — Song title —

Program type

p Only when the tuner has been tuned in to

an HD Radio broadcasting, display can be

changed

so even the HD tuner will probably not allow you to switch the display during analog radio with RDS being broadcast.

post-36959-12872758928773_thumb.jpg

post-36959-12872758929474_thumb.jpg

Yes, I did read that about the HD tuner. I don't think there is a way to get full RDS capability right now with Pioneer unless there is a way to get a Auro version but then you'd probably have issues with the nav tho. Probably would have only Euro maps and no North America. Maybe next year Pioneer will put the full RDS into their flagship? Hey Nerds 2 You, what do you have for a system in your car? ie. Do you have amps? after market speakers? Sub(s)?...I am curious.

Hey Nerds 2 You, what do you have for a system in your car? ie. Do you have amps? after market speakers? Sub(s)?...I am curious.

Factory Shaker 500 system. The subs in the doors are controlled properly by the sub control in the deck, the system sounds WAY better than with the factory head unit. The high pass filter set to 63Hz really helps the factory speakers to not crap out on bass notes.