AVIC411.com

Ported Gurjon Display (Navigation Cruise) - Instructions V2

Please note - this is part of the Gurjon skin. if you already have it, there is no need to do this mod...

Attached contains the old data.zip that I posted plus the new ported navigation cruise display. This includes having a new state (common ui file) as well as switching to that state from whatever means you want.

Right now I have it set to switch when you press the clock, but steal whatever you want obviously.

You'll notice the top is the next turn, along w/ the different time/distance stats. it has a link to NSEW's trip computer work and a speedo in the center...

here is a screenshot:

And here is the data.zip.

EDIT: New Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lgnkttl1tzy

(small background:

A lot of the images and layer logic was stolen from the Gurjon skin.

This one wasn't part of an extension, but instead a layer built into the navigation800_400 ui file. I decided to pull it out and make the layer it's own state that you can switch between/etc.

Instead of overwriting the images that came stock and affected other views. I gave the images a prefix of BDS_ to limit the impact that this view may have on others.

I did test it out a little and looks pretty good - feel free to give feedback. I have tested it recalculating routes and making sure the next turn blanks out and gets updated (if you turn off and the system redoes the route).

As always - I'm not responsible in any way, nor is this site for any damages you may cause in any way :D....)

Just like the trip computer screen, this screen requires people to move over two ui files. One inside the 800_480/ui directory and the other in the common/ui directory.

Obviously the destinationdial.ui goes in the common/ui path and the destinationdial_800_480.ui goes in the 800_480/ui directory.

These new ui files need to be included in the main.ui file in the 800_480/ui/ directory as well. Just follow the convention/grouping you notice.

The way you switch to the screen is by doing a nextstate call, just like the trip computer. Right now - the navigation_800_480 in the data.zip included has it for the clock, but it's essentially:

onrelease='nextstate ST_DESTINATIONDIAL'

That means you need to change the navigate.ui file in the common/ui dir to have the following at the end of the ini portion of the script: st_NavigateMap

;**************************************************

; For popup

;;may want to do IDT's example conditional here for different units...

ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedRange "speedometer_range.ini"

ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedometerPointer "speedometer.ini"

ATTACH_LINEARCOMPASS sprLinearCompass "BDS_linear_compass.bmp" "navigation.car_heading"

; END of for popup

Though I don't think the needle is working yet, but the compas does.

There are 16 BDS_*.bmp files in the 800_480 directory that are needed as well.

The BDS_blank.bmp is used as the background so feel free to change that one however to much your unit.

That's a first pass of some info on it....

Thanks,

Ben

EDIT: if you want to change the background, just make the BDS_blank.bmp file whatever you want it to be...

post-33552-12872758883502_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm unclear about the speedometer in the center. Does it work, or does only the numeric part work and the needle part does not?

To be honest, it looks so damn cool it doesn't have to work at all, it can just be there looking slick and cool! :D

Thank you again for sharing your talent and work,

ic

No problem. I probably didn't do a good enough job explaining that part...

The current released version has the digital part of the speedometer working, but not the needle.

I plan to post the full version once I figure out that last hurdle. Just wanted to give it to people in case they wanted to try it out (and hopefully just replace the destinationdial*.ui files when that is fixed (and maybe a couple line update...)

Thanks,

Ben

No problem. I probably didn't do a good enough job explaining that part...

The current released version has the digital part of the speedometer working, but not the needle.

I plan to post the full version once I figure out that last hurdle. Just wanted to give it to people in case they wanted to try it out (and hopefully just replace the destinationdial*.ui files when that is fixed (and maybe a couple line update...)

Thanks,

Ben

the speedometer needle is controlled by speedometer.ini in your navigatemap_800_480.ui

the speedometer needle is controlled by speedometer.ini in your navigatemap_800_480.ui

Can you give some additional info on that? Key things to search for/etc? I'll look through the gurjon script again to see what I missed. Saw the attach in the base navigatemap.ui file, but nothing in the 800_480 file (but probably just missed it)....

EDIT: THANKS.

Can you give some additional info on that? Key things to search for/etc? I'll look through the gurjon script again to see what I missed. Saw the attach in the base navigatemap.ui file, but nothing in the 800_480 file (but probably just missed it)....

EDIT: THANKS.

speedometer.ini file is inside the 800_480 folder, you have to check the gurjon skin for his speedometer needle,

this is what i used on mine before, i had it in my navigatemap.ui in st_navigatemap as i i want it on the navi screen

;ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedRange  "speedometer_range.ini"
	;runif bUnitType 1 'sprSpeedometerNumbers.bmp "speedometer_num_km.bmp"'
	;else_run 'sprSpeedometerNumbers.bmp "speedometer_num_mph.bmp"'
	;ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedometerPointer "speedometer.ini"