AVIC411.com

Ported Gurjon Display (Navigation Cruise) - Instructions V2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ben,

I followed the directions but I am getting Parse error [ expected] at start up. Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Bryan

Not sure but when looking at the directions it only says to copy the destinationdial ui files when there are actually two sets? Destinationdial and speedometer ui files? Not sure if those are for something else. Ben knows better than I about this but that is what I see jump out at me.

Hey Ben,

I followed the directions but I am getting Parse error [ expected] at start up. Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Bryan

Not sure if my last post is true or not... but add this to the templates_800_480.ui file:

Got rid of the error for me. I still need to go test it out in the car though./

That worked great. Thanks IDT.

Speedometer is now working/etc... I was missing the speedometer range attachment...

Uploaded new data.zip to main page and altered instructions.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey guys- I have this in my navigatemap.ui file and I am still not getting the speedo needle:

ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedRange "speedometer_range.ini"
	ATTACH_SPEEDOMETER sprSpeedometerPointer "speedometer.ini"
	ATTACH_LINEARCOMPASS sprLinearCompass "BDS_linear_compass.bmp" "navigation.car_heading"	

Any ideas what might be missing?

You probably already did this, but just to make sure - grab the speedometer.ini and speedometer_range.ini out of the 800_480 directory.

Nice catch on the template line, must have forgotten that one step on the previous post...

Also, the Speedometer ui files are for a different view I'm working on. it's the digital speedometer screen that looks like this:

l8.jpg

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Thanks,

Bryan

Not sure if my last post is true or not... but add this to the templates_800_480.ui file:

Got rid of the error for me. I still need to go test it out in the car though./

That did it. Thanks for your help. This mod is a great addition!!!

You probably already did this, but just to make sure - grab the speedometer.ini and speedometer_range.ini out of the 800_480 directory.

Nice catch on the template line, must have forgotten that one step on the previous post...

Also, the Speedometer ui files are for a different view I'm working on. it's the digital speedometer screen that looks like this:

l8.jpg

Thanks,

Ben

I am trying the same one. I have the display working but its black (no background). That about as far as you have gotten?

i just finished copying this, now to test it out and see if there's something that could be added to it

What did you do to get this to work? I copied all of the images it referenced to other names, copied them to my 800_480 directory but I get a black background. The text seems to work though. The only image that shows is the speedcam one. Problem is I have no way to view what the images are since I cannot seem to find an image viewer that can read these BMP's. On top of that I cannot seem to search for anything in his original data.zip file. I am guessing its because his stuff is in russian? Not to mention that the Gurjon code is a little beyond my skill level. ;)

I must be the stupidest person here, but I want to get this working so much that I don't care if everyone knows how stupid I am! :)

So, I have a couple things I'm hoping someone might clarify for me, please.....

the instructions say:

"Just like the trip computer screen, this screen requires people to move over two ui files. One inside the 800_480/ui directory and the other in the common/ui directory"

What 2 files do I move, and where do I move them?

"Obviously the destinationdial.ui goes in the common/ui path and the destinationdial_800_480.ui goes in the 800_480/ui directory"

Where is destinationdial.ui coming from and how do I get it?

"These new ui files need to be included in the main.ui file in the 800_480/ui/ directory as well. Just follow the convention/grouping you notice"

Convention/grouping? I don't even know where I'm supposed to be looking!

I've got the Gurjon skin working, do I have to stop using it? If not, won't overwriting the data.zip make it stop working? This data.zip is 3 mb smaller than my gurjon data.zip.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is brave enough to try straightening this out for me!

icps - is there any way someone could post the needed files for this mod?

@infochia

If you have the gurjon skin, then you have this already. Push and hold the speed digit and it'll appear. A soft push will take you to the trip computer, hold it longer and you'll have what Ben ported over from the gurjon skin. I posted a picture of it in the gurjon thread.