AVIC411.com

Ported Gurjon Display (Navigation Cruise) - Instructions V2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just like the trip computer screen, this screen requires people to move over two ui files. One inside the 800_480/ui directory and the other in the common/ui directory"

What 2 files do I move, and where do I move them?

"Obviously the destinationdial.ui goes in the common/ui path and the destinationdial_800_480.ui goes in the 800_480/ui directory"

Where is destinationdial.ui coming from and how do I get it?

"These new ui files need to be included in the main.ui file in the 800_480/ui/ directory as well. Just follow the convention/grouping you notice"

Convention/grouping? I don't even know where I'm supposed to be looking!

I've got the Gurjon skin working, do I have to stop using it? If not, won't overwriting the data.zip make it stop working? This data.zip is 3 mb smaller than my gurjon data.zip.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is brave enough to try straightening this out for me!

icps - is there any way someone could post the needed files for this mod?

Like NSEW said. This is for people who don't have the Gurjon skin and want that screen. You don't need t do any of this with the Gurjon Skin. While I really like that skin, i decided to revert back and really liked this screen from it.

you can get the destinationdial ui files from my data.zip that I posted. What you do is unzip it and look at where they need to go in yours and it's already done in the posted version. For example the destinationdial_800_480.ui is located in the posted data.zip/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui directory.

if you open the main.ui file. You see a set of imports. You will notice that the 800_480 imports are in one main group and the common or the other. This just means type in the line "import ..." to essentially include the different ui files in the running system.

All the files needed if you don't have the gurjon skin are posted in the data.zip file. Again - if you are using the Gurjon skin, you don't need any of this. That's where most of the work came from (I just pulled it out and put it in it's own state transition...

Thanks,

Ben

N-S-E-W & Ben,

Thank you very much for your patient and helpful replies. I don't know how I missd the fact that this mod was included in the gurjon skin~!

But, when I press the speed digit, I don't get anything even close to the picture in the first post of this thread. I did get a huge digital number showing in the center of my screen.

What do I need to do to make the following show on my unit and work?

speedomod.jpg

I'm sorry for just not getting this, and I really appreciate your help and patience.

gratefuly,

ic

No problem at all - I should have done a better job highlighting the point that this is a part of Gurjon that was pulled out.

NSEW or others may be able to tell more how to activate it. I can't recall exactly how it came up . I know the other extension (digital speedometer) is the one you are referring to.

I think it had to do w/ something w/ NavigateionCruiseSettings or something like that...

Thanks

Ben

Press the same spot but press and hold for a second or two.

No problem at all - I should have done a better job highlighting the point that this is a part of Gurjon that was pulled out.

NSEW or others may be able to tell more how to activate it. I can't recall exactly how it came up . I know the other extension (digital speedometer) is the one you are referring to.

I think it had to do w/ something w/ NavigateionCruiseSettings or something like that...

Thanks

Ben

Press the same spot but press and hold for a second or two.

So as not to confuse others that don't read through all this, the way to access this on the GURJON zip is as described by diaftia.

For all others YOU will decide how to access it by what ever bmp you attach this code to: onrelease='nextstate ST_DESTINATIONDIAL'

i checked your picture again and found my answer, i see that you're going 900+ mph so that's why, whatevers controlling it is just to go to i think 220 kmh or 150+ mph

Yeah I am to reproduce in simulation but the first time that I saw it I was navigating. The odd thing is that the gridded dial portion is a solid piece. In simulation it will work, and then go away when a turn or exit changes. I will see if I can get a screen shot if it working and see if there is any obvious indicators.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else having this problem with half the lines in the cruise dial disappering? Its odd because it only seems to do it on some turns. The direction will change and it will reappear. Then a new turn will happen and it will go away.

[attachment=0]tripcomp.JPG[/attachment]

Nobody else is seeing this huh? I have narrowed it down to when the posted speed limit is 65. I even just changed everything over from the BDS trip computer to IDT's trip computer and its still doing it. New .ini files and all. It only does it on freeways when the posted speed is over 65 (although I have no freeways to test over 55) and will do it in simulation mode and real life driving.