AVIC411.com

random boots bring up destination menu on F90BT

OK, so I have a f90bt model. I have successfully installed the 3.0 and from there I went to Pioneer site and got version 3.01 or whatever number it is. Anyways my issue is that when the unit gets turned on SOMETIMES it boots and brings up the destination menu. It does nothing when I press the menu and map buttons. The only way I have found out is eventually i can touch the "arrow back" button located on the screen.. And other times it loads just fine. I been searching on here to see if anyone had same issue but i came up empty. Can someone help me with this issue or what may have caused it? thank you for your time

Doug

I have tried to reset the unit as well but after loading up a few times it began to do the same thing. It does not load to destination menu every time. To me seems to load normally 4-5 times then loads to destination menu twice. Sort of a repetitive sequence happening. The times that it does load to destination menu i can not use map or menu button and if I hit the"arrow back" button on the screen it jumps to the screen that ask if you want "random" "repeat" or something else(can't remember at the moment) on or off. Just weird overall. Hope it can get resolved.

Ok, so I have finally gotten somewhere with my issue. After a couple days of headaches and frustration I decided to try reinstalling the 3.0 x series flash that I was trying to get rid of to go back to the original 2.0 that my unit came with. Couldn't get the 2.0 to work but for whatever reason I had no problem getting the 3.0 working. So I now at least have a unit that works. :D I will take that any day as opposed to a bricked unit. So random boots to destination menu are fine for me for now!

I just sent Pioneer an email asking if the F-Series will continue to get firmware updates/if the X-Series updates are compatible with the F-Series. I will post my findings when I get a reply.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

You would continue to use the updates for your unit.

If there are any special circumstances, the instructions will be included.

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

That didn't answer my question. Where can I find the updates for my unit?

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The link below will take you to the support page, where updates are posted.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=F

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

So from that, I'm gathering the X-Series updates are NOT compatible with the F-Series.... unless the Pioneer Support person doesn't know better, which is also distinctly possible.

I am also having this problem after "upgrading" with the Pioneer 3.0 update on my F900BT. Sometimes it boots to the Destination menu, and most buttons are unresponsive except for the back arrow.

This unit is in my wife's car, so I don't drive it every day to do a lot of testing, but my feeling is it happens more often when the unit has been in radio mode, and is restarting with the radio. That could be wrong though.

I have done a few hacks to the unit since installing 3.0, but basic stuff - Nav Mute button, Route Cancel on compass button, and the current speed/ elevation / speed limit signs mod. One of these days I'll restore the original Data.zip and see if the problem goes away. I also have not tried doing the reset, I'll try that first.

Please post if anyone finds a solution / resolution to this issue.

Thanks!

Steve

I'm also having this problem on a stock upgrade with no software mods. It's irritating, and seems to have increased in frequency lately. When it first started, it was once every four or five boots. Now, it's every other time. Luckily, it's easily defeated by pressing the back button, followed by the map button.