AVIC411.com

Boot-up issues on F900BT - What do I do?

As many others have had the same issue as myself, my F900BT will not boot-up correctly. It goes to the splash screen and then shuts off. I have spent 4 hours reading all the relevant posts and searching for info and I am more confused as which direction to go. My unit came with firmware 2.0 installed and I "updated" it to 2.006 earlier this summer. I do not have any other mods except for the DVD wiring by-pass.

So, here are my questions:

( 1 ) If I were to purchase the 3.0 navigation update from Pioneer, would this solve my issue?

( 2 ) I have searched for the V2.3 testmode and downloaded it. It is a .rar file. I then downloaded the 7zip decrompression software as suggested and tried to extract the file. This gave me an error stating that "Data error in testmode\Utils\cecmd.exe. file is broken

Is it OK to proceed with this issue?

( 3 ) After reading all the other posts, I still cannot understand what direction to take. Can some of you experts please guide me here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carmen

( 2 ) I have searched for the V2.3 testmode and downloaded it. It is a .rar file. I then downloaded the 7zip decrompression software as suggested and tried to extract the file. This gave me an error stating that "Data error in testmode\Utils\cecmd.exe. file is broken

Is it OK to proceed with this issue?

The file on the first post is corrupt. You can find a working one here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25329&start=30#p181672

bump , just HOW MANY people are suffering from this problem , factor in the VAST majority of people who have never heard of this forum to compare experiences !

I have the F90BT , same problem , I had NO idea this unit was KNOWN to have all these issues I have experienced until I did a google seach and found this forum , wow , Pioneer must be going broke if it needs to address a near 100% failure rate of their product ........

Installed Jan 2009 , have never updated or modified in any way , unit died a few days ago ....

Have been bitterly unhappy with the unit with a REALLY long bootup , lockups,random reboots,Bluetooth issues , unable to hang up phone , non responsiveness of the OS , un-usable voice commands , an AM radio that is almost unusable a touch screen that seems almost useless at times (bought my wife a 700 for XMAS and it's touch screen acually works , as does sort-of voice commands)...I have to stop this is depressing me now....

Anyhow , it's still in warranty , so I'm not going to risk Pioneer voiding the warranty by risking the rebuild myself , but my main point is , if SO many people have the same problem and it just "happens" then this must be sympomatic of a MUCH larger issue , it seems that there must be a HUGE issue with these units !!!!

And when Pioneer "FIX" the unit , I expect ver3 installed when I get it back for NO cost !!!! especially if it is esentially a bug fix for a unit that should have never been released , it seems like it is a BETA unit with V 0.2 software , NOT a retail product that has been on the market for OVER a year !.

When I get the F90BT back , then my wife's unit is going in for Warranty repair as well , it has all the problems above except for the boot failure,touch screen issues and voice commands (still very poor voice command control though) , but it is essentially like a 10yr old computer trying to run the most current microsoft OS ..... um , I should have just returned BOTH units when I discovered the microsoft WinCE OS under the hood , that can never end well ....

What is the main reason that the units performance/reliability goes bad over time (apart from the stuff that was bad day 1) , maybe the Flash memory fails over time leading to the need for reloading the OS , if this is the case , what will happen after warranty expires , it seems that it will only be a matter of time until the unit goes bad and will need a rebuild .... maybe that's where Pioneer plan to make up for the $'s , out of warranty charged repairs ????

shame on you Pioneer for releasing a product to market that was obviously still in Alpha/Beta point of development .....!