AVIC411.com

900bt reboot problem, but with a twist

I bought my 900bt earlier this year, had it installed at Best Buy, and made no modifications to it other than uploading a splash screen. About two weeks ago, I started having the reboot problem that many of you have been experiencing, with a slight twist: the unit would only reboot when the car is in motion. If I am parked, or waiting at a stop-light, the unit works perfectly normal, but the second I start driving the unit starts its reboot cycle, where it will reboot and work fine for 1 minute, then reboot again.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it an issue of an improperly grounded wire? Or is it just the same reboot problem everyone else is having? It just seems odd that I'm having the reboot problem only while in motion, but when I'm parked or stopped, the unit works flawlessly.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Driving around without music is beyond frustrating.

It certainly sounds like a loose wire or connector. If you can, I'd pull the unit out of the dash and reseat the connectors. Hopefully, BB used a direct-connect adapter kit rather than vampire taps into the existing wiring. If the later, you might need to try to squeeze/crimp each of the taps to make sure that it fully-seated into the wire.

You can consider taking it back to BB too, although I don't know how long they warranty their installation work.