AVIC411.com

Has anyone contacted Pioneer Re: 3.0 Issues??

Also according to support, the unit doesn't support charging of iphones.
It doesn't, afaik, at least not the 3G and 3GS. Older style iPod and iPhone chargers don't work with them either.

well it works, one would think by the tone "It's not supported" it doesn't work at all. Perhaps they should say it works but it's not guarenteed.

Has anyone sent their unit in and gotten it back and it works like they would have expected. I see people talking about the problems and a few people talking about sending them off, but I don't see anything about units working or not after getting them back from Pioneer. Please, speak up. Thanks.

Just opened my call with Pioneer today. I applied the 3.0 upgrade and now the "Top Menu" area freezes up. If I can get to the radio screen before it does then I'm ok within the radio - and I can use the map quick button to see the current map - but I can't do anything in the Destination menu choice - and if I wait too long after it boots to choose the AV source then I'm screwed - touchscreen quits responding and so do the map and menu buttons.

Anybody got directions for going back to 2.0? I got the AVIC to be able to play with the testmode stuff but I never tried it on the 2.0 stuff so I don't have my own backup of the 2.0 software - I didn't expect the 3.0 to completely fark the thing up.

2006 Copper Red Mazda Miata MX-5

Pioneer Avic-F900bt

For anyone that did the official 3.0 update.....Make sure you also do the update to the latest software version for the X series. This update fixed what the 3.0 update did not install properly. I realized the software was in an inconsistent state when there was no software version number under "Top Menu" -> "System Settings" -> "Version"

After applying the X series upgrade the system works so much better!!!

No clue what your talking about, the official 3.0 update is actually newer then the 3.01 update at 3.02 it actually contains a newer version of wince. So if you installed the official firmware and then qpplied the patch for the x series. Either it didn't work or you never did the update properly. The x series update should not have even started let alone update or fix anything. Are you sure you have an f series? Did you use the official update? Did you make sure to follow the update process completely? Be ause mine went off with proper version and everything.

My update went perfectly fine. Both SD cards installed with no errors. Took about 45 minutes. Yes, I have an F700BT. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it didn't happen. The point is, if people are having issues they should at least look into this as it made a huge improvement for me.