AVIC411.com

How to make it follow a route?

OK. Just drove up and back to Boston this weekend. The nav drove me nuts.

How do it do the following: set a route that goes up the Jersey turnpike, over the GW bridge, up 9A, across the cross county to the Merritt, up to 91 and then to 84.

WHAT CAN I TELL THIS THING TO KEEP IT OFF I-95?!?

If I set waypoints along the Merritt, it would take me to 95, then back to the Merritt to the waypoint. Insane!

How do I tell it the route I want to go? How do I prevent it from even considering using a road? (I-95/cross Bronx)?

I tried toggling all the options: toll roads or not, fastest, shortest, etc. and none of it worked.

I know the route. How do I program the route in advance so it won't screw around?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you already know the route what do you need the navi for anyway???

I'll take this one RallyJon,

The quick answer, traffic, an accident, POI's, a new shortcut, maybe even construction (Smart Alec answer, "cause I can") :). I know my way around Houston very well (been here my whole life) and I still use GPS, mostly for traffic. It kills me when people say if you know the route why do you need GPS when the average person spends most of their time traveling routes they already know, but in case of the unexpected GPS is very helpful.