AVIC411.com

Delete Route Info Box When Not Navigating

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to delete the route information box when not navigating under firmware 3.01?

I am trying to finish up my mod, but need the screen real estate to move around some icons.

Also, I would like to be able to move an icon up when it is present (during a route).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

If I am understanding you right its all done in the display mode variable in the line:

visiblemodel="navigation.has_route" means the information displays when the navigation has a route active.

visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route" means the information displays when the navigation does not have a route active.

If you want something to display in one or ther other just put that in. Leaving it out makes it display in both places. Or if you want something to be in different location on the screen when routing vs. not routing you put in a separate line with different x and y coordinates.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the visible models suggested I have been able to remove the box and the icons when not navigating, but not the white text or units.

For some reason, they still show in both modes. I was able to move the x values to 7200 to get them off screen, but then they dont show when navigating even if I list them twice with different coordinates and different visible models.

Any others ideas?

Using the visible models suggested I have been able to remove the box and the icons when not navigating, but not the white text or units.

For some reason, they still show in both modes. I was able to move the x values to 7200 to get them off screen, but then they dont show when navigating even if I list them twice with different coordinates and different visible models.

Any others ideas?

These are being set on the fly, based on settings you define in, well, settings scfeen. So models (both data and visible) are set in a script. Look at these scripts in navigate.ui:

sc_NMS_Changed

sc_NMS_SetSpeed

sc_NMS_SetTime

sc_NMS_SetTimeSpan

First one calls the rest passing them data model and visible model for a text element. Add your condition (not navigating) to the visible model being passed, and you'll be set.

Boris, forgive my software coding ignorance, but how to I add the visible model to the scripts being passed?

Here is the first script:

RUNIF vActualFieldValue "1" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" "navigation.distance_to_destination.valid|ui.vOnFlyover" "navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "5" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.distance_to_waypoint.number_text" "navigation.distance_to_waypoint.valid|ui.vOnFlyover" "navigation.distance_to_waypoint.unit_text"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "8" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.current_speed.number_text" "navigation.current_speed.valid|ui.vOnFlyover" "navigation.current_speed.unit_text"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "9" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" "navigation.current_speed_limit.valid|ui.vOnFlyover&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" "navigation.current_speed_limit.unit_text"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "2" 'run sc_NMS_SetTimeSpan "navigation.time_to_destination" "navigation.time_to_destination.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "4" 'run sc_NMS_SetTimeSpan "navigation.time_to_waypoint" "navigation.time_to_waypoint.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "7" 'run sc_NMS_SetTimeSpan "navigation.time_to_manuver" "navigation.time_to_manuver.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "3" 'run sc_NMS_SetTime "navigation.eta_at_destination" "navigation.eta_at_destination.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "6" 'run sc_NMS_SetTime "navigation.eta_at_waypoint" "navigation.eta_at_waypoint.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "10" 'run sc_NMS_SetTime "gps.current_time" "gps.current_time.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "11" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.current_altitude.number_text" "navigation.current_altitude.valid|ui.vOnFlyover" "navigation.current_altitude.unit_text"'

ELSE_RUNIF vActualFieldValue "" 'run sc_NMS_ClearField'

Here is the second:

vTmp.set $1

vValid.set $2

vTmp2.set $3

RUNIF vActualField "1" 'txt_NMRText1_num.DROPMODEL, txt_NMRText1_num.textmodel_wstr vTmp, txt_NMRText1_num.visiblemodel vValid'

RUNIF vActualField "1" 'txt_NMRText1_unit.DROPMODEL, txt_NMRText1_unit.textmodel_wstr vTmp2, txt_NMRText1_unit.visiblemodel vValid'

RUNIF vActualField "2" 'txt_NMRText2_num.DROPMODEL, txt_NMRText2_num.textmodel_wstr vTmp, txt_NMRText2_num.visiblemodel vValid'

RUNIF vActualField "2" 'txt_NMRText2_unit.DROPMODEL, txt_NMRText2_unit.textmodel_wstr vTmp2, txt_NMRText2_unit.visiblemodel vValid'

;run sc_FullScreen

I see reference to a visible model in the second script, but I am not sure how to actually add in the condition.

As always, your help is much appreciated.

Boris, forgive my software coding ignorance, but how to I add the visible model to the scripts being passed?

Here is the first script:

RUNIF vActualFieldValue "1" 'run sc_NMS_SetSpeed "navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" "navigation.distance_to_destination.valid|ui.vOnFlyover" "navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text"'

OK, if we look at the first line of this script (the rest work the same), it calls another script, sc_NMS_SetSpeed . It passes to the script the format model of the value you want displayed ("navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text"), the visible model that applies both to the value and unit text ("navigation.distance_to_destination.valid|ui.vOnFlyover"), and formatmodel of the units text ("navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text"').

Since you want to change visiblemodel to only show those text elements when you are navigating, you need to add "&navigation.has_route" to visible model parameters. I don't recall off-hand what priority for logical operators is for iGO, so you may need to add this on both sides of the OR ("|") operator.

Ok, I added the condition to the visible models being passed in the first script and it worked!

Boris, you are an iGo genius. Thanks again for all of your help. Now if I can only get all the icons where I want them....

Nah, I just hack at it a bit.