AVIC411.com

Compass complexity in Gurjon Skin

I am having a problem getting the compass working correctly in a mod I am working on. The problem is its pulling the OEM image but I cant find a place where the image name is specified. In the Gurjon skin he uses a rotating compass and in most of our mods there is a sliding compass. The compass I want to get working is this one:

The way this compass works is the needle stays static and the NSEW dial rotates.

This is what I am getting:

In the above compass the compass needle rotates as if its expecting the NSEW image in the top image. Yet the code that I am using is the same in both of these cases:

;-- Compass

Does anyone know why I am getting the original needle or how to change that image? Where is the compass defined? My navitagemap uses the IDT compass and works fine.

Thanks,

Alex

post-26802-12872758924078_thumb.jpg

post-26802-12872758924276_thumb.jpg

Boris: thanks for the info. I thought I checked those and they were just coordinates for the compass rotation. Maybe I missed one though.

Ben: I am mobile right now but I could swear they are in the common directory. I will check tonight once I get my vmware running on my new mac.

Boris: thanks for the info. I thought I checked those and they were just coordinates for the compass rotation. Maybe I missed one though.

Ben: I am mobile right now but I could swear they are in the common directory. I will check tonight once I get my vmware running on my new mac.

They are actually vector graphics describing how the compass looks. Color (normal RGB) is there as well.

They are actually vector graphics describing how the compass looks. Color (normal RGB) is there as well.

Ah ok... something I need to look into in more depth and learn on. Some beta testers have mentioned that this compass is more jerky than the speed dial compass that moves more smoothly. These are the video's I was given. The first video is of the round compass, and the second of the Cruise screen compass.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yi2imtzwkin/Compass.mov

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2wymmmeyl4n/IMG_0187.MOV

Is that the same config files doing this or is that just the nature of the beast?