AVIC411.com

No audio from XM or Bluetooth

I have a customer with a problem. I installed his D3 into his Honda Ridgeline and it seems that he cannot get audio to play from the XM tuner or Bluetooth. The people on the other side of the phone call can hear him perfect though. Anyone had this issue? Is there a setting or something we should be looking for?

What ^he^ said...make sure you've got your ins and outs set up right. The IP BUS cable is bi-directional, so the same plug can fit in both the input and the output for the modules, as well as the headunit. If you don't have it wired right, you'll get signal (D3 will recognize that modules are there and let you select them) but no sound.

true, the blue end of the ip-bus cable needs to plug into the blue connector on the back of the AVIC and then the black end of the cable will plug into the black connector of the first device in the chain, then the blue connector on the next ip-bus cable will plug in the blue connector on the first device and the black end of the cable will plug into the black connector on the second device, most people dont pay any attention to the color of the connector

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this problem - no audio from the BTB200 for calling or music yet the phones pair up no problem.

I've just checked the end of the IP Bus cable that goes in to the BTB200 and the connector is black so going by the previous post, that is the right way round as the blue connector must be in the back of the head unit.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Silly me, the IP BUS cable is going in to the wrong connector on the BTB200.. you would think IN means IN from the head unit ;)