AVIC411.com

will the new 3.0 ever be available at the Pioneer dealer??

Probably not. It's a small enough demand item that they probably won't be on hand, but available to order at similar prices to Pioneer's website.

I doubt 3.0 firmware-installed F-series will ever show up, they probably just slapped the new face on any existing ones, added a couple hundred to the price and called them X-series.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you ever got your 3.0 upgrade, but if not I would cancel it and Order it from CRUTCHFIELD.com Thay have it on sale for $59.99 plus $7.00 freight. I only waited a week to get it. It's coming today from UPS. The tracking no. says it's due to be delivered today. I do not have anything to do CRUTCHFIELD just Gooled the update and noticed the price, they also have it in stock. You would pay alot more from a Pioneer dealer anyway for very same thing

Good Luck Jeff R.

Hey Guys I just did 3.0 upgrade it seems to pretty good. It went smoth only one small problem. On the upgrade it got to 5% and said it had an error, (PRESS YES TO RETRY) I pressed yes it went all the tru no problems. It seems faster and sounds better or least I can see the clock now. I don't see very well. It takes about 45 Minutes. You should print your password from Pioneer if you need to reinstall your software it will work in that same unit only. I don't know if card NO.1 can used by itself. But it did reboot to the top menu.

Thanks for all the help you guys

Jeff R

F90BT

post-37027-12872759475466_thumb.jpg

Just ordered from Crutchfield for $66.98 (includes shipping). I received an email from Pioneer stating that there's a new 3.0 update and because I registered my 900BT, I would get a 20% discount. Even with the discount it came to $107.72 (includes Tax & Shipping). Thanks to you guys for mentioning Crutchfield. :D

To Bopper

Thats great !! I did get mine great service from CRUTCHFIELD.com I did pay the very same price as you just rounded it to $70. Nice even number. Let me how your install goes I have not installed mine yet. Waiting till I have more time.

1st card went in without a burp. 2nd card would not be recognized in oder to receive the device code. I finally let the unit boot up without the 2nd Card in it, and it booted up automatically to the map screen of my current location, not the "Top Menu" screen. I then inserted the 2nd SD Card, and finally got the device code. After getting the online Password, the 2nd card went in without a single burp or any pauses. Works great so far, the MSN Direct upgrades are great and the music on the SD Card is recognized and plays fine.