AVIC411.com

F90BT 3D not working

So I've had this unit for awhile now and had it installed by a company that could perform the mod, they've installed a few other Navi before and have been just fine. Question is, Pioneer shows that the F-90 has buildings on the map, etc but mine doesn't do any of that. I read that some places aren't always like that but when I drove to D.C. I got nothing, West Virginia got nothing and back to Hampton, VA which has nothing. Am I missing something here? I'm driving from VA to TX during the holidays and I expect to see more of nothing but if the damn thing can't show buildings in the DC area where can it?

So I've had this unit for awhile now and had it installed by a company that could perform the mod, they've installed a few other Navi before and have been just fine. Question is, Pioneer shows that the F-90 has buildings on the map, etc but mine doesn't do any of that. I read that some places aren't always like that but when I drove to D.C. I got nothing, West Virginia got nothing and back to Hampton, VA which has nothing. Am I missing something here? I'm driving from VA to TX during the holidays and I expect to see more of nothing but if the damn thing can't show buildings in the DC area where can it?

you have to have a hacked EZRIDER and some other license plus building files for them to show up

There is a setting for 3D Buildings in the device, I believe. You don't need to hack it or anything. Just look through the settings. Maybe it's turned off for some reason.

yeah you shouldn't need to hack since that was a main feature from the factory. I swear I've been over that thing a million times but I'll check it out again, think someone can point me to the correct location in case I'm wrong? Thanks.

Navi Settings - Visual - 3D Settings. There's an option to turn on landmarks (this is what you get from factory). There should be a few at least in ??? With a hacked one you can also add building files for major metropolitan areas (pretty much every building in a downtown)...