AVIC411.com

Wrong map recalculations on F90BT ver2.0

I have an F90BT ver 2.0.

Does this sound like a map data problem? Can anyone who has 3.0 check it out? Pioneer told me you can go to the dealer store and check it out, but my dealer doesn't have a F90Bt ver 3.0 on display.

Here is the problem, I had my destination set, but blew by the last turn because of an errand. It recalculated my route about 4 or 5 times as I was heading away from my destination. It was too late in the day and I decided t abort the errand after I got about a mile away from my destination. I listened to the voice as it recalculated and I followed instruction, making the first turn, then another. I knew the area, and knew that another right turn was going to have to be executed in a couple of blocks because a field was coming up in front of me. I looked the the display and the green arrow in the upper left was indicating an impossible to make left turn coming up, but the display showed the correct green marked route, it annouced to turn left, but I had to turn right because of the field. Strange, so I made this same several block detour 3 more times, watching the green cueing arrows in the upper left screen. Each time the F90 made the same error, correctly showing the true route, but the cueing arrow indicating an upcoming left turn when it should have been a right turn and the voice announce incorrectly to make a left hand turn. I don't get how the map data can be wrong when the route was shown correctly.

It anyone wants the streets to somehow test on 3.0 let me know. I have no idea how to force a route to test this in the store and the Pioneer guy I was talking to couldn't/wouldn't tell me how. He didn't want to talk about the 3.0 upgrade, didn't even seem to know it existed, until I grilled him. He wouldn't tell me what it fixed. A less than helpful tech and worthless phone call to Pioneer.

I have an F90BT ver 2.0.

Does this sound like a map data problem? Can anyone who has 3.0 check it out? Pioneer told me you can go to the dealer store and check it out, but my dealer doesn't have a F90Bt ver 3.0 on display.

Here is the problem, I had my destination set, but blew by the last turn because of an errand. It recalculated my route about 4 or 5 times as I was heading away from my destination. It was too late in the day and I decided t abort the errand after I got about a mile away from my destination. I listened to the voice as it recalculated and I followed instruction, making the first turn, then another. I knew the area, and knew that another right turn was going to have to be executed in a couple of blocks because a field was coming up in front of me. I looked the the display and the green arrow in the upper left was indicating an impossible to make left turn coming up, but the display showed the correct green marked route, it annouced to turn left, but I had to turn right because of the field. Strange, so I made this same several block detour 3 more times, watching the green cueing arrows in the upper left screen. Each time the F90 made the same error, correctly showing the true route, but the cueing arrow indicating an upcoming left turn when it should have been a right turn and the voice announce incorrectly to make a left hand turn. I don't get how the map data can be wrong when the route was shown correctly.

It anyone wants the streets to somehow test on 3.0 let me know. I have no idea how to force a route to test this in the store and the Pioneer guy I was talking to couldn't/wouldn't tell me how. He didn't want to talk about the 3.0 upgrade, didn't even seem to know it existed, until I grilled him. He wouldn't tell me what it fixed. A less than helpful tech and worthless phone call to Pioneer.

You can force a display unit to simulate a route. Select a starting address, and from the confirm screen (where you have an option to savem route to, etc., select something like "Start form here", then sleect the destination, select "route to" and from the route screen select Simulate.

This could be a map problem, but since the route itself was correct... Where you had to turn right, was that exactly where it was telling you to turn left? Or was left turn ahead. If the road goes to the right but you can not turn anywhere else anyway, it will not be considered a maneuver, so may be it was telling you about the _next_ turn coming up ahead...

Oh I see what you mean, since I couldn't turn left or go straight because of the field, it was referring to the next upcoming left turn. :oops:

Also I found the Demo mode which moves at a slow rate and issues voice commands and the 400 mph silent Flyover mode.

Thanks!

Oh I see what you mean, since I couldn't turn left or go straight because of the field, it was referring to the next upcoming left turn. :oops:

Also I found the Demo mode which moves at a slow rate and issues voice commands and the 400 mph silent Flyover mode.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

iGO navi software is flexible enough that you can change (manually, through some text file editing) settings so that it does, or does not, warn you about trivial turns and similar things.