AVIC411.com

Setting DEFAULT AV-Source and GPS-SearchCity

Is there a setting to choose the DEFAULT AV Source when the x710BT boots-up? I would have thought it would default to the last AV source playing but that it always plays SD card mp3 initially.

Also is there a way to choose the DEFAULT GPS Search City? I live in Tucson AZ but when I go to search for POI the unit always puts in Phoenix. I would think that it would default to the city you're in, based on GPS coordinates.

I would have thought it would default to the last AV source used but that is not happening on my unit. If I list to FM or USB-MP3 and turn off the car the unit always plays MP3s from the SD card, not the last AV source.

Did you try the Reset hole ? in front on the top left next to the Eject

because ive tried it. If im using USB it takes like 3 minutes before playing it when its booting up , otherwise the Cd play after 10 - 15 sec

• 2 weeks later...

the unit automatically plays the last AV source that was playing when the unit is turned off, HOWEVER, the SD card trumps everything. so if you have an SD card in there it will always play first. but if you take the SD card out, then the last source will play. my guess is that since the SD card is used for software updates it is always the first thing to load since this is necessary when preforming a software update.

as for the default city this is something that they actually changed and i dont know why. the F-series would remember the last city you entered. but now the X-series is different. for some reason it always defaults to the state capital. i am in virginia and it always says Richmond. when i travel to maryland for work it always says Baltimore. i dont know why they changed this but they did and as far as I know there is no way around it.