AVIC411.com

Hiss through external amp Kia Amanti Infinity system

I have a 2008 Kia Amanti that I put a F90BT in. The Amanti has the factory optional Infinity externally amplified speakers. The amp is mounted seperate from the radio, in the trunk. I hooked the normal speaker outputs directly to the vehicles factory wiring (with a color keyed adapter). Everything works great, and correct. I do get some background hiss, I assume from the wrong level of input into the amp. The radio, and most mp3s are very loud (and clear) in the mid 20s on the volume, and my mid 30s are extremely loud, getting distorted.

I think I have 3 choices:

1) remove the external amp and use the internal amp on the Pioneer only.

2) use the other outputs (RCA) for an external amp, and adapt to the factory amp.

3) leave it alone

My concerns with each one is

1) might not be loud enough

2) might be 'bad' for the radio or the amp

3) I get hiss on quiet audio

Does anyone have any suggestions?

you might want to try to hook the speaker wires from the car harness (amp inputs) to the RCA outputs of the avic, that way you are not double ampfling the sound, some cars do use a high level input for there factory amps(chrysler) but most do not, doing so will not damage the radio or the amps, the worse case senereo would be that the signal level would be too low,

as long as there are only four speakers (not counting tweeters that are wired up to the front channels) you could also just bypass the factory amp, but in most cases with new cars the factory amp is pretty good and i always try to intergrate the factory amps if possible

however something to consider is that the F-series do have a little more noise than any other radio i have used and there might not be any thing that you can do about it

you might want to try to hook the speaker wires from the car harness (amp inputs) to the RCA outputs of the avic, that way you are not double ampfling the sound,

Thanks!

That is what I am thinking would be the best route. I am getting an antenna y-cable so I can am/fm/msn and the HD radio(I have just it hooked up now, (Very nice!), and a backup camera, so I will try that when I pull it all apart again for those. I might try bypassing the factory amp first, since I think they use 2 connectors one male and one female, that you just connect together if it is not present, but I think that will disable the central read subwoofer.

The Kia Amanti is a very nice car for the money, and there are approximately zero web sites with good information on the newer models. While it's exterior is kinda funky for a higher end sedan, it's interior and engine is what sold me. I was bumming about no NAV or mp3 or even aux input so I went the F90BT route! The HD Radio works OK even with the antenna in the rear glass.

• 5 years later...

Maybe youse guys can help me: the power amp in my 2008 Kia Amanti did what all amps in a CORROSION PRONE AREA will do: in short, a short. Yanno, all ya need to have corrosion is an anode, a cathode, an electron path and a pinch of wqater, and blammo!

Kia tells me a new amp is over a thousand bucks. Audio installers want me to replace the whole schmeer, because the 'rewiring will be to difficult to match the head in the dash and the buttons on my steering wheel'.

HORSE HOCKEY!

I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

(not) amped in socal