AVIC411.com

Who wants new Teleatlas 2009.6 USA maps...?

How are these maps?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How are these maps?

• Great, Noticeable Differences
    • Seems The Same
    • Needs Work
    • Not Using Them - Sticking With An Older Version Of TeleAtlas Maps
    • Sticking With NavTeq Maps (Any Version)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does the asbis license do i have the worldwide and addon.. can someone point me to a link for it/

I was able to get all the new stuff working with the standard pioneer license, no need for the other one unless a mod you have specifically asked for it.

thanks.. i am dlin the new maps from ur site.. i will try dlin them again but so far i have ran into 4 or 5 with corrupt rar's im keeping a list ill let you know

knew it would happen sooner or later.. maps are getting to big for the flashdrive in our avic! i have the high res dem file and dont wanna part with it.. i have read that you can put the maps on an sd card as well if i remove the maps from the flash drive.. will it do both like if i put JUST my states map.. pois.. and what not on the flash drive and just store the rest of the maps on SD?? so i would only need the SD if i were going out of state...

p.s. someone better at this than i please figure out how to upgrade the flash media in our avics!!!

knew it would happen sooner or later.. maps are getting to big for the flashdrive in our avic! i have the high res dem file and dont wanna part with it.. i have read that you can put the maps on an sd card as well if i remove the maps from the flash drive.. will it do both like if i put JUST my states map.. pois.. and what not on the flash drive and just store the rest of the maps on SD?? so i would only need the SD if i were going out of state...

p.s. someone better at this than i please figure out how to upgrade the flash media in our avics!!!

If your not going to drive all 50 states, only put the surrounding states, buildings and POI in there and you will save a bunch of room. I have Calif, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and of course Arizona since I drive those states, the other ones are removed along with their buildings and poi and I have plenty of room left over.

I also heard these maps have the street numbers programmed on the correct sides of the street and that TTS can say your destination is ahead on the left...etc as long as it is configured to do so.

Have issues with TeleAtlas Maps? Report errors or needed map changes here: http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php and hopefully your request will get fixed in a future release.

I was able to get all the new stuff working with the standard pioneer license, no need for the other one unless a mod you have specifically asked for it.
Do they require the hacked ezrider file? I copied the California map, poi, and building files to the corresponding content folders, and now I get a white screen in map mode, and the closest POI's that come up for my California location are in Nevada.
Do they require the hacked ezrider file? I copied the California map, poi, and building files to the corresponding content folders, and now I get a white screen in map mode, and the closest POI's that come up for my California location are in Nevada.

Yep they need that one change to work.

Thanks. Your post about not needing any licenses threw me off. I went ahead and copied the ezrider and the two lic files mentioned in the OP. The new map appears to work fine. And, the CA POI's show up now. However, when I browse by category, I get duplicate sub-categories, one set for CA POI's, and another for NV. The NV sub-category names are all in upper case text, while the CA set uses normal capitalization.

Thanks. Your post about not needing any licenses threw me off. I went ahead and copied the ezrider and the two lic files mentioned in the OP. The new map appears to work fine. And, the CA POI's show up now. However, when I browse by category, I get duplicate sub-categories, one set for CA POI's, and another for NV. The NV sub-category names are all in upper case text, while the CA set uses normal capitalization.

Sounds like you have different version of POI files in there or different being one is NavTeq and the other is TeleAtlas maybe? strange...

I assume the ones in there already are TeleAtlas. That's what Pioneer uses, isn't it? I may revert to the previous CA POI, but keep the later maps, and see if it goes back to normal.

What are the dates for the Pioneer 3.x maps and poi's? Are they really that old? They might just be new enough for me, anyway.

I assume the ones in there already are TeleAtlas. That's what Pioneer uses, isn't it? I may revert to the previous CA POI, but keep the later maps, and see if it goes back to normal.

What are the dates for the Pioneer 3.x maps and poi's? Are they really that old? They might just be new enough for me, anyway.

2008.10 are TA

2009.1 are NT

2009.6 TA

I'm not sure what the stock ones are that come with it, never looked.

I think the ones from 2009.1 are dated 3/12/09, I'm running all 2009.6 but I was running 2009.1 maps and buildings and 2008.10 poi and didn't notice a problem.