AVIC411.com

iPod voice control on F10BT

I have the European version of the Z110BT, the F10BT. I have connected an iPod classic 160gb, and it works fine. However, I can not find out how to activate the voice control part for selecting music. The voice control works fine for making phone calls and navigating. Where do I activate this feature? Is it even in the European model?

I found that I had to change the navigation voice to English, or else there would be no voice control at all. I can still keep the interface language at Danish though. Also, the voice control is quite hard to use, it often misunderstands me - I think it is the accent.

I also found, that I can only use voice control to find POIs in Great Britain, not in Denmark. Maybe if I change it to French, I can find POIs in France. I don't understand the language, though. :)

I don't think I will be using the voice control much (if at all) in real situations, but it is fun to play with.

You guys are not missing much on the voice command, I have the english version and it seems that the voice recognition works ok on the nav but the ipod part and the phone part of it sucks.. I have tried to change the position of the mic to 4 places and even tried a new mic but always the same results, It hears what it wants to, not me! LOL! I just turn mine off and use it manually plus the ipod does not need to go through catalogue when its off.

Are you waiting for the prompt? Mine works like 95% of the time

You guys are not missing much on the voice command, I have the english version and it seems that the voice recognition works ok on the nav but the ipod part and the phone part of it sucks.. I have tried to change the position of the mic to 4 places and even tried a new mic but always the same results, It hears what it wants to, not me! LOL! I just turn mine off and use it manually plus the ipod does not need to go through catalogue when its off.