AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 + CD-IB100II Issues

Okay... so I have an AVIC-Z3 and recently installed a CD-IB100II interface.

1) I realize the system will not charge my iPhone (i have the iPhone 3G3 16GB), i have an adapter coming in the mail to correct this.

2) The system does work out of the box with my iphone for music playback. iPhone controls in the iPod section are not accessible, but I can use the Pioneer AVIC-Z3 to control it (slow of course, but it works).

Now.. weird issue. I had maybe 20-25 albums on, and controlled the iPhone with my Pioneer AVIC-Z3... I recently added the Beatles entire collection that just came out and a bunch of other albums... im at about 56 or so albums now.

Well what I noticed was, the AVIC-Z3 no longer lists my albums or controls the iPhone... it can't... it gives me an error... but now im able to pick/choose songs right from the iPhone itself... covert art is displayed/etc... just as if i normally would use it, and the music comes out on the system just fine (no text though on the screen).

Anybody else notice this weird issue. Is the AVIC-Z3 limited to the amount of albums it can read from an iPhone/iPod??

It doesnt bother me really as I prefer to control the system via my iPhone..... but for those who wished they could also, the solution might be to just... add a lot more albums to your iPhone/iPod...

Ohh yes I wanted to post a message about that.

The famous "Kensington 4-in-1 Car Charger" worked like a CHARM. PERFECTLY.

The only issue I had was that the extension cable I got didnt quite make a 100% tight connection with it, so thats going back, but otherwise it works great.

The ONLY downside is, if you have a silicon case or other case (i have a silicon) you kinda hafta move it around the kensington to make a secure connection. Since I have another extension cable coming AND/OR im using a pro-clip dock, its not a big deal for me, since the case won't touch it...

Anyway, update on my little issue... today, the AVIC-Z3 started allowing me to control the music...which is good bad. Good because, well i can change songs using forward/next now... bad because it takes a while to look for albums, but playlists are generally what i use so im fine with it.

• 3 months later...