AVIC411.com

Standard Microphone

• 1 month later...
I tapped into my Onstar mic cause it was convienently located in my head liner. . works fine for me

I'm sure you get this all the time, but.... how did you do that. I have a 2002 Saab 9-3 convertible, and I love the idea of somehow using the Onstar Mic with my new AVIC-f700bt (that is just sitting right here waiting to get pluged in.

Is the onstar mic better than the one that comes with the 700BT?

Thanks. i am new to this and this is my first post... got any smokes.

I have a saab too and more-then-want to be able to hook up the onstar mic too - i'd be alot nicer then having that black mic hanging down and occasionally getting dislodged by my sun-visor.

Any chance you would be willing to walk us through how to do this? Pictures would be a huge plus too, if possible.

I am waiting with anticipation as well. I sooo want to know how to use the ONSTAR Mic.

However, does anyone know the difference between the CPM1064 MIC ASSY

http://crutchfield.partsearch.com/Part/ ... ber=AVICZ2

and the CDVM1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017PIVWG

I contacted Crutcfield and they recomended the CDVM1 as compatible with the f700bt at a mere $20.00. However, when I contacted Pioneer Support, they had no idea of what the $20 CDVMI was...only that the CPM1064 MIC ASSY was the one that came in the box with the f700BT -- at mere $70.

Anybody know what the difference is? Ebay has both too--with the disparity in price as well. Uggghhh.