AVIC411.com

BMW R1150RT with AVIC Z1 (gyro data problem)

Has anyone tried to disable internal Gyro function? Let me know if anyone knows how.

I installed AVIC Z1 full system onto my motorcycle, BMW R1150RT. Everything works super, except internal gyro.

Since the unit was installed unusual position and motorcycle's different movement behavior, the system does not process the data from gyro correctly. This one creates motorcycle direction on the screen incorrect. Well, just after couple of second, the position is corrected by GPS data. So, it is not a big issue, but bothers me a bit.

TNX

• 2 months later...

i would seem to think having a z1 myself installed on a Tundra you need to tie into the speed wire on your bike. Problem is not sure if there is a speed wire on a bike? I too own a motorycle cbr 600rr and unclear if my bike has a wire or not but ill ask the question none the less. The z1 by the way looks at the speed wire to measure distance and without that running up your problems you speak of will show up. Do you have any pictures from your install. I have the tomtom rider on my bike.