AVIC411.com

H3 Hummer Mod

Connections on stock harness connections to D2. Looking for opinions on wether or not to cut away and solder splice out connections or work around stock connector on Hummer H3.

If I leave stock connector it can be swaped back in if sold and remove the D2 for next vehicle? Whats your thoughts...

• 3 weeks later...
Not to mention the factory harness does not have a +12 volt accessory wire, so you'll either have to run a tap from the ignition or fuse box. Though the best option would be to obtain a class II databus interface for your truck.

The Periperal interface recieved GMH24 turned out didnt have a bridge across power leads. Once they sent me the correct one (with the jumper) no mod to the GM side of the connector was needed. Thanks for the tips!

• 8 months later...
Not to mention the factory harness does not have a +12 volt accessory wire, so you'll either have to run a tap from the ignition or fuse box. Though the best option would be to obtain a class II databus interface for your truck.

The Periperal interface recieved GMH24 turned out didnt have a bridge across power leads. Once they sent me the correct one (with the jumper) no mod to the GM side of the connector was needed. Thanks for the tips!

I also have a Hummer H3 '07 and am going to install my AVIC-Z1 this weekend (from my readings the wiring is same as your AVIC-D2), confused with the harnesses out there for our SUVs. What is the model number of the "Peripherial interface" you had sent that corrected the incorrect GMH24 and where did you obtain it, also what price should I expect to pay?

Was your installation relatively simple? I've done stereos, speakers, amps, eq's years ago so feel comfortable but the vehicles 15-20 yrs ago are far different than our H3's of today. Fortunately this forum will make the install a breeze.

...: Louie Alvarez :...

Using the Metra AAxxess GMOS-04 GM Onstar Digital Interface w/amp for only $40 + $8 shipping from eBay installation of your AVIC into an '06 or '07 Hummer H3 will be a simple process.

Anyway turns out this harness has the VSS, reverse, parking brake and mute right on the harness, talk about easy installation. This was a NO-BRAINER!

So download the manual to can see all the vehicles this is applicable to and make your AVIC a simply no-brainer, quick, simply slam dunk operation. You can download it here: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manual ... MOS04N.PDF

Although the install went extremely well and easy with the $50 harness the only issue I really had was using the correct double din install kit. The local installation shop I bought mine from sold me the wrong one so the AVIC pushes the H3 panel forward.

Anyone know of a kit, where to get that will get the AVIC flush with the panel, so I can get rid of the crap the shop sold me?

• 2 weeks later...