AVIC411.com

Installer recommendation in SoCal area?

I had Beach Autosound install mine and they did a perfect job. The guy there didn't have any problem doing the bypass for it either (so long as you move the pin one over yourself, although I'm sure he wouldn't have minded doing it for you). They're off of Beach and Talbert in Huntington Beach. Total charge was $120. A more modern car might have been cheaper, mine is a 1995 model year car so they had to run the antenna up above the gauge cluster to get good reception and custom fabricate a mounting plate since the kit didn't come with one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any other SoCal recommendations? I'm probably going to do my intstall in about a week. Live in the Valley but would obviously go to LA as well.

Also, general installation question, I'm assuming each car being different sized there is some kind of mounting kit or plastic whatever that needs to be used? I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra, not sure what I'd need? :?:

I had my unit installed at Al & Ed's Autosound in Thousand Oaks. Took them about a month to order all of the parts needed for the install, had to get new amp (was told factory amp wouldn't work), trim kit, the Sirius tuner/antenna, Ipod stuff and a bunch of other stuff on top of just the head unit apparently. I'm sure I paid way too much for it, but I no very little about car audio and I'm sure they knew that! Then after getting my car back it wouldn't play any discs at all!!!! Apparently they didn't even test it!! Was told unit was defective and they had to order and replace. Things seem to be going well now and I like the unit and it has a professional look. Just didn't go as fast as I had hoped, but the people who did it are friendly and appear to be quite competent.

My only real complaints so far is that the AM radio reception is much worse than my factory radio. They also didn't hook up the speed pulse or whatever it is, but I don't know that it needs to be hooked up anyways. Wasn't told anything about MSN when I ordered this thing, so I didn't get it, but I really don't need traffic that bad right now, especially if the service is going away soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Al & Ed's is just horrible. Expensive and little rip off. My friend is a professional mobile installer, he does custom mobile stereo sound like the car shows...etc. I got mine installed by him and also he got me an Alpine PDX-5 5 channels with a very good price. That also hooked up to my Mercedes E63 AMG. He is a person that like to take his time to do a good job. Never rush! He spent almost a whole day just to install mine and fine tune it. It sounds amazing now.

If you guys need the info, PM me. I guarantee you will like it. :D