AVIC411.com

Iphone video out everything (mirrior)

I don't really know how useful this is, but I got to show all of the iphone apps and springboard on the avic. I took my 3g iphone (jailbroken) and added a program called screensplitter. This puts the iphone screen and video outs it. I just selected video for my av1 and there we have it. I may also be close to tethering the phone with wifi, like it has been mentioned in other posts.

post-25897-12872759424244_thumb.jpg

Gouda, if you get audio, then you should be able to get video. Are you using the right apple cables. Since there was an update to the iphone, the video pin in the cable output has moved. You need to buy updated calbe if that is the case. I will only use the official apple video cables. Let me know if that helps.

I disovered the other day that when you play a Youtube video on the iPhone when it's attached to the radio it plays the video on the radio screen. I've tried screensplitr and TVOut in the past, but neither of them worked very well. The Youtube videos were pretty good quality though, and the controls are still on the phone screen so it's easy to control. There may be other apps that do this, Youtube is the only one I've tried so far.

One more tip, doubletap the phone screen once the video has started playing to zoom the video so it fills the radio screen.