AVIC411.com

Settings On/Off switches not remembering position

I have created some settings for information that is displayed on the map. For whatever reason two of the six settings do not want to remember their setting after a reboot. If I set them all on they stay on but If I put them all off two of them will turn back on after turning the car off. What is the secret to getting settings to remember their state?

Thanks,

Alex

I have created some settings for information that is displayed on the map. For whatever reason two of the six settings do not want to remember their setting after a reboot. If I set them all on they stay on but If I put them all off two of them will turn back on after turning the car off. What is the secret to getting settings to remember their state?

Thanks,

Alex

In sys.txt in the debug area you can add autosave=1 I'm not not 100 percent certain if that works for on/off settings. Alternately in the appropriate ui file in the common folder, search the section that's in line with the additions you've made to 800_480 file and just before add this:

SAVESETTINGS

Between the two it should save the settings.

Hmmm... I tried just the save settings one and it didn't work. Let me show you what I have and if needed I can do the sys.txt mod as well.

The behavior that I am getting is that the GPSStatus always defaults to "Off" and the Posted Speed Limit Sign always defaults to "On". The others seem to be working fine (defaulting to "On" and remembering their state)

I have this in the setting.ui file:

I have these variables in the header section of the setting800_480.ui file:

;Map Display Info

and this layer in the setting800_480.ui file:

And this script in the navigatemap.ui file being init via the st_navigatemap state:

Do see a problem in here?

Is the variable definition with the "=1 Permanent" where the default setting is defined? I changed them all to 0 and they started up the same in an emulator. I then got rid of the quotes and just made it and that didn't seem to do anything either. I then tried and that did nothing either. I am beginning to think that is not where the defaults are set.