AVIC411.com

How to: Update to 3.01 from nonofficial 3.0

Hello, Here is how to update to 3.01...at least this is what I did, and it is working great so far! I hope it works for you too...

1. I followed this post exactly: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817 Except you dont need 3 SD cards...I used two. Updated the WINCEIMG file and then cleared the SD and put TestMode 2.3 on it. On the 2nd SD i put the x910 Backup FIles.

I don't know if this step is necessary for you guys that got to 3.0 another way, feel free to continue...you might get stuck in boot and have to come back and do this first post...It took me more than one try to get things right...(I had some 2.0 and 3.0 files mixed)

After following those steps, my Avic F700 was successfully running on the 3.003 software. (I had to update because my Avic started randomly cutting completely off during boot, running version 2.0...very weird, as it worked fine for 7 months before this...) Yes, it is WAY more responsive on the 3.0 software. I love it, and it seems like the sounds are more bearable too. Reading music from an SD is SUPER fast compared to what it used to be and the Voice Dictionary for the iPod seems to update alot quicker also. Maps have been improved. What started out horrible ended up with me updating my F Series and making it tons better.

2. Anyway, after you follow the first post, download the legit firmware update from pioneer's website: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/ci.AVIC-X710BT.Support?tab=B (this is version 3.01)

3. Extract and save the folder (LPUE080) to the root of the SD card, simply put this in your system with it off and then turn it on. The update starts automatically. When it is finished, it will reboot.

4. When the pioneer screen, (or your boot screen) comes up, press the reset button and eject for 5 seconds. Release them and you'll have the new 3.01 software. Easy as pie.

Note: The 3.01 DOES NOT change or update the WinCE firmware from 3.0, for those who were wondering.

I hope this helps. Updating was not easy. I didn't even know what 3.0 was at first...I thought my F series was dead and these were part of 2.0 files or a new map image. Without the help of this forum, I would have been screwed. I hope this helps you guys with questions about updating.

Also, I do believe following the first post somehow makes the process work automatically. Some people reported not being able to automatically update and some had to go in manually to WinCE and update files. For me, I know this works, but I can't promise anything for anyone else.

Hope it helps!

Glad to hear that it worked for you too! The only reason I updated was because my Avic bricked itself and wouldn't boot, came to this great forum looking for answers and got it updated to 3.01...I guess that turned a bad situation into a good one. I've been running this now for 2 days with no major problems to report. If anyone needs help with some issue like this, feel free to let me know...ill try my best.

-Hagan

i updated the hacked version of 3.0 a like two months ago. i loved it. the unit was more responsive. a few days ago i started my truck and the unit wont boot up any more. the splash screen starts up but it doesnt do anything after that. can anyone help me out? i tried this testmode (download/file.php?id=4529) and the unit wont boot into windows. does anyone know if this is testmode 2.3?

I have done the non-official 3.0 update and it works perfectly. Then I added IDT's mods and am enjoying the improved functions. Now if I do this 3.01 update will it even install correctly? Will I lose the IDT mod? If so can I just re-install IDT after the 3.01 update?

Thanks.

I did exactly what you propose and my IDT mod reinstalled with no problems at all.

i updated the hacked version of 3.0 a like two months ago. i loved it. the unit was more responsive. a few days ago i started my truck and the unit wont boot up any more. the splash screen starts up but it doesnt do anything after that. can anyone help me out? i tried this testmode (http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4529) and the unit wont boot into windows. does anyone know if this is testmode 2.3?

You have the EXACT same problem that I had before I upgraded (my reason for upgrading). I know for a fact that this is testmode 2.3 http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7376. Make sure that you extract the folders to the root of your SD card. I am about 95% sure that your problem is software based and can be fixed following the tutorial that is here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817, that I have listed in my first post. (Credit to dragon24)

I believe that your WinCE files are corrupt, and upgrading is your best bet because you can find all of the files needed in that post that you need to reinstall everything and get your Avic running again. My first post describes what I did, again, I think had your same problem...so follow the steps and see.

Please note: I'm pretty positive that this will void your Pioneer warranty. They will fix your system provided that it has a purchase date less than a year ago and that you agree to pay shipping to send the Avic to them. The choice is yours, if your warranty has expired...this is the clear choice. If that makes you skeptical, I did this even with a warranty because I didn't want to take my dash all apart to send it back to them. The choice is yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, yesterday I've updated my system to the 3.0, seemed to go well. After that I did the 3.01 update, it was doing well, however, after installation progress bars showed 100% of completion - approximately 6.30 min into the installation then those bars turned 0% again and stayed like that for another 15 minutes. I tried reinstalling 3.01 twice with the same result. It never rebooted by itself like it says in the instructions. So I rebooted it myself and followed "eject/reset push" procedure. It seems to be boot up and work ok, however, when I wanted to confirm your System Firmware Version:

• Press the "Menu" button

• Select the "Settings" tab

• Select "System Settings"

• Select "Service Information"

• Confirm that your system correctly displays the following information: there is nothing in those lines, I mean it does not have any information it is just blank.

What am I missing?

Anybody else had this issue before?

SFYellow,

Sorry. I havent heard of your problem. I don't know what could've happened. If you are running into trouble, format the "harddrive" of the Avic (there's directions on here somewhere) and start over. To me, updating these things are more trouble then you could imagine...you have to pray that luck is on your side when you do it!

astromanluca,

3.01 is just some stability stuff, supposedly makes updating more stable in the future, fixes some iPod issues...nothing major. But, if you are still running 2.0 on your Avic, upgrade. You will be amazed. haha,

Also...the intent of this guide was to get you back on pace with Pioneer official updates. If you had to use the "unofficial" 3.0 upgrade, using the "official" 3.01 update from pioneer will make everything "official" again. So if you paid for the upgrade and it didnt work and you had to use the "unofficial" 3.0 upgrade to get a successful install, following these instructions will get you back on track with getting the "official" updates from pioneer again.

ddonnik17

The torrent should be working. I am not seeding it, but I will check it later. If not, i'll try to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload in the next couple of days. I do not promote piracy. I paid for the update and it did not work. You can also preform a backup of your system. Search the forum.

-Hagan92

That is very strange situation I have, it looks like the unit is working, at least when I tried it in the garage, but it does not show software release, nor map release :( ? Very strange.

Can I just start doing whole 3.0 upgrade from the beginning and not format the HD of my unit? I am bit afraid of doing the whole format thing.