AVIC411.com

Better Bluetooth Microphone

Hello...I'm new to the forums and I have F900Bt I bought recently. I really admire the work alot of you have put in to better the unit. I'm having a major problem with the bluetooth!

I have updated the system to the 2.006 software update and have the Bluetooth software update ending with the numbers i believe 330 RC3.

I was really looking forward to getting this unit because of it's voice recognition software and this is exactly what I'm having a major issue with!

Every time I give the unit a command to call or dial a number it's telling me it doesn't understand or dials a completely different #.

I've made sure I have the mic at a good location right above me towards the Map lights. I've even tried talking right into it but still the same problem. It either dials crazy numbers or tells me it doesn't understand..urrgghh.

I have the avic f90bt unit installed on my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander that comes with a built in Bluetooth. The Mitsu factory bluetooth worked Flawlessly!! It would picke up everything I said to the T. It kind makes me have second thought about buying this unit.

My supicion with the avic voice recognition is of course the mic on the unit, it even feels cheap. People tell me I sound Like i'm in a box when i speak to them on a phone call.

Now for my questions.

What i wanted to know is if i get another Better mic installed will it make a major difference?

I saw in another thread that the dual mic from Parrot was suggested but there was no straight forward answer on that thread about this particular problem.

Is that Dual Parrot mic indeed compatible and will it improve the the voice recognition?

How much better is it using other mics other than the original?

Is it possible that i can use my Mitsubishi original Bluetooth mic with the Avic? The mitsubishi mic is located inside the the map light box. I took the map light box out and saw the Mitsubishi bluetooth mic uses a 3pin connector but just two wires showed meaning just two pins are active. So I was thinking of just splicing the wires on my Mitsu mic and the Avic and connecting them together so i can have the Mitsu factory mic working with the Avic

What do you guys think?

I hope i made sense..lol

Bottom line is, what is a better microphone for the voice recognition that would be compatible with this unit.?

What do you guys think?

First, asking a question and not receiving an answer within 12 hours is not a long time, please be patient and if your question hasn't had a response in 2-3 days then "bump" your post so appears fresh.

2nd, I did a quick search for the word "microphone" on this site and came up with the following 2 threads. The first one mentions someone using their factory OnStar mic and the second mentions using a microphone meant for a Garmin GPS, both worked better at the voice recognition than the one that comes with the AVIC

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27371&p=189924&hilit=microphone#p189924

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=27070&p=187014&hilit=microphone#p187014

First and foremost, thank you for the reply. I do apologize for being impatient but I'm pretty new to the forum.

I appreciate the links, I actually read the link with the Onstar but missed the other one. I think i am going to experiment and go ahead and connect my factory mic with the avic mic wire. Hope it works :-)

thanks again!

UPDATE: My factory mic didn't work with the unit. I reconnected the Pioneer mic and still no change I've tried every possible location for placing the mic and unfortunately I have to be really close to the dam thing in order for it to pick up what I'm saying. I tried telling it to call someone and name and it doesn't pick up anything. I then tell it to dial a # and it picks up the # only when I'm close to the mic. When I'm away from the mic it dials a # but not the # I asked for and it doesn't even dial the # completely.

At this point I don't know if it's the mic or the system it self.

I really need some opinions on this matter I'm sure I'm not the only one with the problem. Help please!

Well, I have the F700BT and have never yet had it correctly do "anything" for me. I quit messing with voice recognition and dont' believe it works for anyone .... seriously out of 80 or so tries its failed 80 or so times. I can call google 911 on it and google recognizes almost everything I say so I dont think its the microphone, I think its the pos software. Seems like most people are having troulbe with it......

Anyway Nieves74, try the google 911 dialing "onscreen", it seems to work and pretty much assures me its the Pioneer software thats failing.

Well, I have the F700BT and have never yet had it correctly do "anything" for me. I quit messing with voice recognition and dont' believe it works for anyone .... seriously out of 80 or so tries its failed 80 or so times. I can call google 911 on it and google recognizes almost everything I say so I dont think its the microphone, I think its the pos software. Seems like most people are having troulbe with it......

Anyway Nieves74, try the google 911 dialing "onscreen", it seems to work and pretty much assures me its the Pioneer software thats failing.

Gary your 100% on point! My google voice recognition works o.k, not great but I don't have to be really near the mic so it can recognize what I want. Unlike when I want to dial a phone # via VR.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO RECTIFY THIS....ANYONE???? Or should I just call Pioneer. I hear there not much help.

Thanks for the response Gary.